Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 PM

296 posts, read 638,404 times

Advertisements

anyone know of parking places that can fit my tundra truck? had a hard time finding a spot and ended up under a museum to park for $40.00. ouch! its not easy to manuever this thing as the turning radius is horrid. any suggestions would be welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Where do you need to park? You should look for an open lot as they are more able to handle a truck or SUV. Edison has lots on the west side of Manhattan, for example. Lots will generally be less expensive than comparable neighborhood garages, and some of the lots on the far west side, that are not as convenient to other areas of Manhattan can be significantly less expensive.

There is a surcharge for an oversized vehicle with many parking providers, especially in Manhattan, and most have limited spaces that can handle trucks/vans/SUVs.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM

we go into Philly alot and go into the garages...scares me every time! the lots seem to be smaller with limited spots available thats why i was looking into garages.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
You can find garages, and Best Parking (either the app or at nyc.bestparking.com) offers comparative rates. However, call the lot or garage to confirm. I have spent many a moment calling when visiting someone and having to take a Range Rover, Suburban, or XC90 to be sure that they had a space that would work for that vehicle, even if the website said that they can accommodate that size category.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I hear Western Pennsylvania has lots of room.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,513,836 times
I just Googled the truck and it doesn't look much bigger than a full sized SUV, so I would imagine that a garage that accepts SUVs should be able to hold it. Although their SUV parking could be maxed out, and even if it isn't, you're definitely going to be paying a premium.

Depending on how long you're going to be in town, if money is your biggest concern, you can park on the street somewhere uptown where street parking is fairly easy, then hop on the subway to your destination.

And yes in my experience, the cheapest lots in Manhattan (aside from far uptown), are along the Westside Highway.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:34 PM

cool,thanks about the uptown parking tip. I'll have to check it out. its not the size of the truck really its the turning radius..its the worst I have ever seen in a vehicle. didnt dawn on me when it was bought that that might be bad. not too smart sometimes. oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City