Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:34 PM

8 posts, read 17,150 times

Advertisements

Bluedog...I will probably check out those areas once we move. Luckily my husband's co-worker told us we can stay as long or little as we would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 03:00 PM

10 posts, read 12,930 times
yeah a good area in the bronx not too far from everything is morris park or pelham parkway morris park would probably be better because its a little more quiet and rserved whil on pelham parkway it can get verybusy and crazy in the morning with the train which makes the crime rate over there raise a little yonkers is good idea but thats not really the most convenient locations in the area knowing ou are from georgia yu should be careful anywhere in the bronx because ny is very fast paced...watch out and try to find a reserved neighborhood

Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,126,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie_hi View Post
Here is an interesting link from New York Times. It makes me feel better as it seems the area is fairly safe. I will have to show it to my husband and see what his feeling on the matter is.

New York City Homicides Map - The New York Times
Well, there's this thread. It was made by the members on this board, so if you have any questions about it, you can just ask.

In any case, if/when you end up moving out of the place in Jamaica, I agree with bluedog2 on the Kingsbridge/Riverdale area. I think it would be an easier commute if you lived closer to Broadway, since the Bx9 seems to be a better route than the Bx10 in terms of reliability and frequency (you'd have to take it to the Bx3), and then if you live near 231st Street, you have the Bx1 as another option to connect to the Bx3. Plus, near Broadway is closer to the (1), which means you'll have an easier time reaching Manhattan.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 PM

142 posts, read 315,944 times
Eastchester & WakeField Are Great Places To Live. Im From Eastchester .. Not Too Much Goes On Here

Old 01-20-2013, 08:01 PM

8 posts, read 17,150 times
Default We are here....

Hi,

I figured I should post that we are here in New York. We decided not to do Riverdale and after a lot of research and debating....positives and negatives. I had a lot of people email that they loved the area we moved to or hated it. We ended up moving to Norwood. I have only been here 3 days but have met tons of nice people in our building and in the neighborhood. We have gone to the park and will be going to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow. The grocery store is brand new and I heard there are some great places to get fresh fruit and veggies.

Now overall I haven't seen a lot of restaurant...but that is probably pretty good. We are 1 block from the subway and the library. We can take the D train right into Manhattan and the Children's library.

We are in a 2 bedroom 1 bath on a 5th story walkup so I figure we will get in shape pretty quick especially since we sold our cars.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM

110 posts, read 299,991 times
Quote:
Hi,

I figured I should post that we are here in New York. We decided not to do Riverdale and after a lot of research and debating....positives and negatives. I had a lot of people email that they loved the area we moved to or hated it. We ended up moving to Norwood. I have only been here 3 days but have met tons of nice people in our building and in the neighborhood. We have gone to the park and will be going to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow. The grocery store is brand new and I heard there are some great places to get fresh fruit and veggies.

Now overall I haven't seen a lot of restaurant...but that is probably pretty good. We are 1 block from the subway and the library. We can take the D train right into Manhattan and the Children's library.

We are in a 2 bedroom 1 bath on a 5th story walkup so I figure we will get in shape pretty quick especially since we sold our cars.
Woohoo! Norwood rocks! Good choice.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:
Hi,

Glad you found a place you liked and that you remembered to come back here to provide the update!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM

912 posts, read 2,098,903 times
Good choice

Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,630,404 times
Quote:
Hi,

The Foodtown has sushi now - it's taken a long time to get sushi around here. We are in Bedford Park (on the other side of Mosholu). You can walk to the Botanical Gardens quickly via Mosholu. Welcome to the neighborhood and best of luck.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
Interesting that you chose Norwood..and a 5th floor walk-up no less! You will have a great booty in no time. Welcome..and please keep us posted on your experiences in the nabe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City