Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times

Advertisements

See now you all assume he's talking about Manhattan.... now if you are asking about Brooklyn, I would stay away from northern end of those streets. Actually, there is no E90 St in Brooklyn as far as I know it would be Remsen Ave. The sourthern end is in Canarsie and are decent blocks. There is a heavy Caribbean influence/population but it is a hard working people neighborhood.

Just in case someone cares about the outer boroughs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:57 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
See now you all assume he's talking about Manhattan.... now if you are asking about Brooklyn, I would stay away from northern end of those streets. Actually, there is no E90 St in Brooklyn as far as I know it would be Remsen Ave. The sourthern end is in Canarsie and are decent blocks. There is a heavy Caribbean influence/population but it is a hard working people neighborhood.

Just in case someone cares about the outer boroughs.
brooklyn? where's that?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 PM

5 posts, read 18,513 times
I used to live in Canarsie on 93rd street back in the 70's and 80's....it was a good neighborhhood back then...Italians

moved from 101 st (betw. Glenwood & Flatlands)

walked it again in 2003...seemed pretty darn nice...families out working on their yards

but not sure about now 5 years later

hopefully still nice!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 AM

307 posts, read 2,507,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portmu View Post
I see many ads for luxury apts around this area - is it safe? I understand that public housing is around the area too.

It is pretty safe. The PJs start at above 94th st & 1st ave. I believe it was. Other than that you just see walk ups and luxury buildings. I mean it's still the UES.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:22 AM

575 posts, read 1,516,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portmu View Post
I see many ads for luxury apts around this area - is it safe? I understand that public housing is around the area too.
There are projects on 1st ave between 92 and 96 st. There are also projects on 97 st between 2nd and 3rd ave and 99st and madison. A lot of activity on weekends with all the bars on 1st, 2nd and 3rd avenues. look as close to 5th ave as you can afford.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 PM

6 posts, read 44,843 times
I live in canarsie.....for the most part I feel pretty safe...I live on a pretty block, and I have lovely neighbors, I would say 95% of them are caribbean. Some areas I try to avoid are flatlands avenue because its dirty and rundown looking, also any stores in the vacinity of the projects I try to avoid...I go to the supermarket in georgetown. The supermarket in canarsie is a dump...My biggest complaint about canarsie is how crappy all the stores are and besides that, there is nothing to do around here. Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: