Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times

Advertisements

Ohbeehave..my comments are as follows:

1. If anyone thinks murders were not happening in the black/irish/italian and every other community in NYC in the 1930s,20s,10s, etc..they are LIEING. I mean why even make such a dumb comment. It was all about turf control, street fights, corruption, and murder. You think the city is bad now...

2. The rest of your comments were baseless and wasted letters.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:53 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Bellakin - interesting, I see that in the US the phrase generally does regard the donkey, rather than where I come from where its beating a dead horse. mea culpa
I was going for the dead horse but didn't realize it looked like a donkey until you pointed out lol..that's when it dawned on me that the donkey was more ironic if anything else lol

Old 09-06-2012, 02:07 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Ohbeehave..my comments are as follows:

1. If anyone thinks murders were not happening in the black/irish/italian and every other community in NYC in the 1930s,20s,10s, etc..they are LIEING. I mean why even make such a dumb comment. It was all about turf control, street fights, corruption, and murder. You think the city is bad now...

2. The rest of your comments were baseless and wasted letters.
1) No one is stating that there was no crime back in the early-mid 20th century. Stop trying to twist out of your comment. The Bishop stated that the black community, despite dire conditions 80 years ago, did not resort to killing other members of the black community. Sadly that is not the case today as the statistic has shown.

2) I call it as I see it and you don't like what I said, so you resort to an insult. You come across as an angry person with a giant chip on your shoulder. If a white person were to make all the insinuations and disparaging remarks you've made, you would consider them racist. You, sir, are just as bad as those you consider pariahs.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:10 PM

1- Again, THAT IS NOT TRUE. Just because you keep saying black on black murder didn't happen in the 1930s don't make it so. Just like saying Italians didn't kill Italians in the 1930s don't make it so...just like saying the Irish didn't kill other Irish in the 1930s don't make it so. Get it? You and the Bishop are both mistaken, egregiously so, and are rewriting history.

2. I have yet to insult you...I simply said your comment was baseless and wasted letters. Where was the insult?

PS- I too am "white."

Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
You mean keep speaking the truth...and that I shall do. You are welcome to rewrite history and reality all you like, but I will call you out on it every time.

A real leader would acknowledge all the work that community organizations, community leaders, and residents have done and are still doing to take back their community and recommend working harder with police to be more effective. But not Ray Kelly! According to him, they have never done anything, and they are to blame! Gotta love the ignorant (and purposeful) rhetoric.
Fair enough. He is not giving any credit to community organizations that are trying to help the situation.

But what do you think of the other part of the statement -- the actual statistics?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
You still can't get your hands around the:

97%

Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
i guess you don't have to worry about crime then,
but that still does not justify stopping and frisking
every minority.

you try to justify being racist too much, but
it's not convincing people unlike yourself.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
and lest we forget this famous statement:

There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved. The Reverend Jesse Jackson.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM

I-Love-LI-But: I don't argue the stats...but it begs the question: Why?

For example, when the Irish came to this country in the late 1800s, would anyone say that they were innately bad people who were simply criminals at heart? A reasonable, and intelligent person would say of course not. They came to this country to escape poverty/death in Ireland, and were seen upon arriving in the US as subhuman by the Germans, British, Dutch (the real whites), segregated into horrific, isolated neighborhoods in shoddy tenements which bred disease, and thus the ghettos were born. And because nobody would hire them and they were essentially "untouchables", they turned to crime...and thus the Irish became synonymous with crime (which is where the term "paddywagon" came from...because the Irish were always in it).

So would it be fair to say..."the stats are clear and say 97% of crime is caused by the Irish...what's wrong with them..they are just criminals." A reasonable, intelligent person who knew facts and history would know what happened to the Irish who came here, and why they turned to crime, would say yes the facts are 97% of crime is caused by the Irish but that's not the whole story. Let me tell you the whole story.

All I offer is the red pill. I agree that it's much easier to simply say: 97% of crime is caused by Irish..the Irish are criminals, what's wrong with them, and we all hate them. I don't expect most people to be able to think intelligently (isn't that sad?), but I try to educate them and be the voice of reason when egregious race baiting/revisionist history/propaganda is spewed.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
1- Again, THAT IS NOT TRUE. Just because you keep saying black on black murder didn't happen in the 1930s don't make it so. Just like saying Italians didn't kill Italians in the 1930s don't make it so...just like saying the Irish didn't kill other Irish in the 1930s don't make it so. Get it? You and the Bishop are both mistaken, egregiously so, and are rewriting history.

2. I have yet to insult you...I simply said your comment was baseless and wasted letters. Where was the insult?

PS- I too am "white."
You are such a silly goose.

1) Let's review:
No one is speaking about any other group. Why you keep dragging them up is beyond me. The Bishop, who is black, spoke solely of those who are black, committing crimes against other blacks. He cites the fact that the black community kept it together under trying times, yet for whatever reason now commits crimes against themselves.
Quote:
Bishop Gerald Seabrooks of Rehoboth Cathedral said the partnership has paid off and will continue to do so if parents work harder at raising their kids. “I think it’s more of a spiritual problem than a jobs problem,” he said. “In the 1930s, we didn’t have jobs, but we weren’t killing each other.”
2) You didn't insult me; you insulted my opinion. You've written it twice. Go back and read your posts.

3) Whatever race you claim to be -- you still come equipped with a mighty huge chip on your shoulder and a pair of hate-tinted (or perhaps self-loathing) spectacles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City