Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Lol can't wait for the generalizing bandwagon to start . *grabs popcorn*
Yes, you will likely see a lot of answers like that....But I noticed all different kinds of people from all different walks of life there: based in the pictures.

But yeah, some people will block out what they want to block out to support their own agenda's but hey, nothing new..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 05:27 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
This incident sort of shows you how fast things could go downhill in this country if the economic situation got much worse.There is a lot of anger and resentment festering out there, just waiting for something to set it off.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 AM

681 posts, read 1,671,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
thats actually sad if these kids will grow up not being able to afford a audi A4, that car isnt all that expensive
True, The Audi A4 is in the 40-50K range or so, kinda like the BMW 3 series... but either way if the kids want them bad enough they can lease them pretty cheap, or buy them second hand lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
This incident sort of shows you how fast things could go downhill in this country if the economic situation got much worse.There is a lot of anger and resentment festering out there, just waiting for something to set it off.
I agree with you.

Just by looking at the videos, I wonder if the vandals got arrested at all and charged for their crimes, or did they get away with it before the cops came? NYC seems like the perfect place to go crazy and get away with it since, the cops always take like forever to arrive on the scene anyway.

I wonder what would have happend if the Audi driver got out and started pounding on those thugs with his fists, or swinging at them with a baseball bat?

or what if he was armed with a gun and started blowing all those thugs away for attacking him and damaging his vehicle? Would the police arrive any sooner?
I know in other states where people are usually armed a scenario like this could very well likely happen

Being that this is NYC, the only thing you can do really is be a victim....

Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
Yes, you will likely see a lot of answers like that....But I noticed all different kinds of people from all different walks of life there: based in the pictures.

But yeah, some people will block out what they want to block out to support their own agenda's but hey, nothing new..
yep

Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM

395 posts, read 1,214,384 times
I agree with you.

Just by looking at the videos, I wonder if the vandals got arrested at all and charged for their crimes, or did they get away with it before the cops came? NYC seems like the perfect place to go crazy and get away with it since, the cops always take like forever to arrive on the scene anyway.

I wonder what would have happend if the Audi driver got out and started pounding on those thugs with his fists, or swinging at them with a baseball bat?

or what if he was armed with a gun and started blowing all those thugs away for attacking him and damaging his vehicle? Would the police arrive any sooner?
I know in other states where people are usually armed a scenario like this could very well likely happen

Being that this is NYC, the only thing you can do really is be a victim....[/quote]

I am wondering the same thing. Or if it had been an inexperienced or elderly driver that mistakenly punched the gas and ran over not only the bicyclist blocking his path, but as well the crowd. FNO has gone downhill quickly, I have been for the past 3 years and it has been getting rowdier every year, all though I always avoid Soho for a reason.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
I knew something like that was going to happen. The other night, I was on West Houston street, and needing to put gas I enter the gas station. Big mistake. The gas station was completely taken over by black people. I mean COMPLETELY. These youths looked to be gang members, all were tough looking, like if they all came from Brownsville and East NY. I was waiting for the car in front of me to finish, but the douche parked his car, got out, and started socializing with the other thugs, henny bottle in hand of course. Some of the guys has their shirts off, some had gang bandannas, others had beads. I remember telling the person I was with, "what the f, how does the NYPD let this rowdy crowd overtake lower Manhattan?" Looking around, I saw no cops, and to make it worse, I started getting stares. I retreated, taking the loss. Still shaking my head at how this is allowed to happen downtown, not Harlem, not Soundview, not Bed-stuy, but downtown.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
True, The Audi A4 is in the 40-50K range or so, kinda like the BMW 3 series... but either way if the kids want them bad enough they can lease them pretty cheap, or buy them second hand lol.

I agree with you.

Being that this is NYC, the only thing you can do really is be a victim....
You can use deadly force if you or another person is in imminent bodily danger. Using deadly force to protect your car, or any other object, will not shield you from prosecution in NY, and nor should it. You'd have to make the case you thought they were trying to cause you severe harm - which is probably a reasonable argument if a big gang was attacking a car you were in.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I knew something like that was going to happen. The other night, I was on West Houston street, and needing to put gas I enter the gas station. Big mistake. The gas station was completely taken over by black people. I mean COMPLETELY. These youths looked to be gang members, all were tough looking, like if they all came from Brownsville and East NY. I was waiting for the car in front of me to finish, but the douche parked his car, got out, and started socializing with the other thugs, henny bottle in hand of course. Some of the guys has their shirts off, some had gang bandannas, others had beads. I remember telling the person I was with, "what the f, how does the NYPD let this rowdy crowd overtake lower Manhattan?" Looking around, I saw no cops, and to make it worse, I started getting stares. I retreated, taking the loss. Still shaking my head at how this is allowed to happen downtown, not Harlem, not Soundview, not Bed-stuy, but downtown.
If these kids were taking over the gas station it's the gas station owners/employees responsibility to call the cops and report that these loiterers were on his property causing a disturbance and disrupting his business. I don't see why the cops would not come and chase them out and give out a few tickets if need be.

But either way I'm glad nothing bad happened. It would have been better to avoid that gas station entirely all together than to risk walking into the bees nest.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
You can use deadly force if you or another person is in imminent bodily danger. Using deadly force to protect your car, or any other object, will not shield you from prosecution in NY, and nor should it. You'd have to make the case you thought they were trying to cause you severe harm - which is probably a reasonable argument if a big gang was attacking a car you were in.
In all honestly if I could avoid this trouble I would.... But sometimes no matter how hard you try to avoid trouble, it comes looking for you instead, and before you know it you're left fighting for your safety

Old 09-10-2012, 02:27 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,987 times
I dont support thrashing anybody's car but the guy in the Audi was quite a douche. He almost clipped a cyclist.
I dont like mob justice but I got no sympathy for motorists who drive their cars like they own the streets and cant share it with cyclists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City