Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times

Advertisements

My personal fave is "Pistol Packing Pitkins."

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
My personal fave is "Pistol Packing Pitkins."
Was thinking the same thing... Never heard about them though when I was growing up on Pitkin... Like nycjoww said, these are all new clicks that had to have formed within the last 5 years or so... Just hope that what happened to chicago doesn't happen to NYC... Then we'd have a problem... Word was that the CPD had cracked the codes for most of the old-time gangs which made it easier for them to track down but a new movement began, new system that police still can't figure out to this day and it's why that city has gone to hell last few years...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
If someone approached me and told me they're in the Very Crispy Gangsters, I'd probably chit my pants laughing.
Yea but their shooters though so don't laugh in their faces lol.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
For the record @ kefir king, I hope you know these aren't all the gangs... Just the ones that are listed... I know for a fact that there are a ton of gangs in the 83rd that weren't listed... Dominican gangs like DFN (Dem Fly N*****), DDP (small set down here), Trinitarios weren't mentioned for either the 83rd, the 90th or the 104th which is insane... though they did mention Patria for the 104th which is a subset of the trinitarios... And they didn't mention a boatload of mexican gangs but I'm sure it's because these gangs aren't dumb enough to post their information for everyone to know about online like so many other gangs...

Off the top of my head the biggest mexican crews making noise in the neighborhood...
Aslan 13 (this is a group to definitely watch out for... they are no joke and there territory is from wyckoff ave to evergreen ave from madison basically all the way down to halsey... And they are growing in numbers everyday...

Crazy Bois
LDC
Vatos Locos
M$-13 (I don't think they're the same MS-13 though that took over LA... this gang is nowhere near as bad...

There's plenty more but since I don't work in the school system over there anymore I haven't stayed in the loop... All the NYPD has to do though if they want to be clued in is just talk to the public schools in these precincts... Chances are the principals and Deans know more than they do...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Famous Ray View Post
Never heard of the "Mosholu Mob" when I lived in Norwood for 16 years..lol. Not surprised about Tracey Towers having a group.
Yea I hear Tracy towers is full of gangster africans(Americanized off coarse)

Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Most of these are too small to be called gangs...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 AM

The reason why these gangs have funny names is becaused all of them have the same agenda. Being fly and gangsta. Take my two words and look at the list and you will see it
Matches with every gang nAme. The only gangs or sets who don't have these 2 monikers are country gangs such as patria, and Haitian mafia.

I'm actually shocked that police are taking Haitian mafia serious though lol. Their all cool ppl. Lol

Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 AM

916 posts, read 2,246,636 times
The two gang names from 110 Pct are kind of funny.

F--k The Police (FTP)
I wonder if the 110 Pct cops are taken it personal and paying extra attention
to them because of the name or not, not a very smart move if you want to be
a criminal.

Shot Lick 4 Kash (SLK) sounds more like a prostitution ad than a gang name.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 AM

439 posts, read 896,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Most of these are too small to be called gangs...
It'd be funny if one lone dude decided to make a gang and call it " One Man Gang".

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
The two gang names from 110 Pct are kind of funny.

F--k The Police (FTP)
I wonder if the 110 Pct cops are taken it personal and paying extra attention
to them because of the name or not, not a very smart move if you want to be
a criminal.

Shot Lick 4 Kash (SLK) sounds more like a prostitution ad than a gang name.
Well queens is no stranger to crimes against police. I remember a year or to ago they arrested blods and crips from south Jamaica and far rocaway for planning to eliminate cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City