Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM

448 posts, read 685,209 times

Advertisements

Agony for mom of bodega worker killed by cop - NY Daily News

Seriously, where do they find these cops.

Theres NO excuses in the world that can make me, or anyone else understand "accidently" killing an INNOCENT person.

SMH!! No words. No words at all.

Reason #1275138734315867464687646 Why I dont trust/like/talk to/stand by/or want anything to do with Cops.

The commissioner said sorry to the mom(of course). But there are no words to tell a mother who just lost her child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:39 AM

448 posts, read 685,209 times
Oh yeah, I dont for a second buy the "gun accidently went off" story. Its the same story they use everytime they kill or hurt an innocent person.

I saw the video, which I wont post here because its awful. You can youtube yourselves.

That was no accident.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Agony for mom of bodega worker killed by cop - NY Daily News

Seriously, where do they find these cops.

Theres NO excuses in the world that can make me, or anyone else understand "accidently" killing an INNOCENT person.

SMH!! No words. No words at all.

Reason #1275138734315867464687646 Why I dont trust/like/talk to/stand by/or want anything to do with Cops.

The commissioner said sorry to the mom(of course). But there are no words to tell a mother who just lost her child.

There are no words, But the victim ran right into an officer with his gun drawn and it went off. Both the LEO and victim fell. The first worker ran past without incident. The 3 thugs who held the place up are responsible for this chain of events. The gun violence is way out of control in this city but that cop did not shoot that young man with any intent to do so. Modern firearms are sensitive and it is very tragic a young father had to die trying to escape. No doubt this is painful for the officer on a psychological level and even more so if he himself is a parent.(Unless he is made of stone.) I were that police officer, I do not think I could continue on the job after this. he had to have his gun drawn as there were armed criminals that were confirmed to be inside.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Not much detail to this story but it seems likely that the cop had his finger on the trigger or inside the trigger guard of his weapon. Unless he was in the process of actually firing a shot, his trigger finger should have been OUTSIDE the trigger guard, resting alongside the frame of the gun. Doesn't NYPD teach this?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Clearly this is the fault of the robbers. In a situation like this where multiple people are running its hard to tell. Plus 2 of the robbers were Hispanic I beleive and so was the bodega worker. It could of been a real accident sadly.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
I wouldnt call it "murder" as the family is labeling it. "murder" would imply that the cop set out to kill someone. The cop panicked and fired an unneccesary shot. He should face some sort of departmental consequences though as he is trained for instances such as and made a rookie mistake by killing an innocent unarmed man. I'm usually anti police as I have had bad experiences with them on several occasions in the past, but in this case from what I saw was the cop panicked thinking he was one of the robbers charging him and let off a shot before making a proper assessment.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
[/b]

The 3 thugs who held the place up are responsible for this chain of events.
Agree. That was my first thought.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Clearly this is the fault of the robbers. In a situation like this where multiple people are running its hard to tell. Plus 2 of the robbers were Hispanic I beleive and so was the bodega worker. It could of been a real accident sadly.
In situations like this all can be considered suspects as there are multiple people involved. 2 Of the suspects tied them selves to a pole in the basement to blend in and play victims. And they all survived and an innocent man got shot. Tragic. The suspects are facing a murder charge and rightfully so. They lit the fuse on this situation and it ended in tragedy. What's worse is the woman lost her husband to a shooting during a robbery as well. My heart goes out to her and those affected.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM

387 posts, read 680,168 times
Everyone want's to second guess the NYPD everytime some skell get's a shot put into him. It's required by the NYPD to have a weapon drawn going into a dangerous situation with the finger on the trigger.

It's sad that this young man had to die the way that he did, he was a victim of circumtances that put him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

From the news articles that I have read he went back to the sore after closing to retrive a bar of soap he was suppossed to bring home, left the gates open & unknowingly allowed the perps to slip into the store. Very sad chain of events.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Only positive I see coming from this is that although the mother is suffering from the tremendous pain of losing both her husband and son only a year apart, she will receive a multi-million dollar wrongful death settlement from the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City