Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,363,986 times

Advertisements

And I repeat...SODA, like cigarettes, ARE NOT BANNED. This is just limiting how much you can receive in one cup...but you are able to buy 100 cups if you like. So what is the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM

681 posts, read 1,670,469 times
I wonder if 2 and 3 liter bottles of soda will be affected in the near future? Who knows, they may try to ban that instead and force us to deal with 20oz bottles instead

Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,112,806 times
actually if you buy two sodas, one without ice, and dump them both into a cup/mug you bring with you, you are actually getting MORE soda than you would if you bought a 32 ounce soda because the second soda isn't 70 percent ice.

Just carry a mug/cup/empty bottle around with you. Problem solved.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM

18,457 posts, read 31,604,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
actually if you buy two sodas, one without ice, and dump them both into a cup/mug you bring with you, you are actually getting MORE soda than you would if you bought a 32 ounce soda because the second soda isn't 70 percent ice.

Just carry a mug/cup/empty bottle around with you. Problem solved.

20yrsinBranson

hey, you might have something there.......now there's a concept.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,584,999 times
Way to go Bloomberg!!

Now health care spending will save us taxpayers a lot!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:36 PM

507 posts, read 513,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesarsenal View Post
65 inch flat screen cap and up to 4 packs of Remi weave only!
I really don't understand his purpose and the reasons behind banning large soda drinks. The reality is kids and adults are responsible for what they eat and the way they look. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of in my life. People are still going to go about their day and eat and drink as they please.

It is just ridiculous

Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,363,986 times
The reality is people are NOT responsible for what they eat. They are eating themselves into obesity, early heart attacks, diabetes, and a variety of "disabilities" which comes with all these health problems. And when people don't have insurance to pay for their bad habits, the government (aka taxpayers) pay for their lifetime of treatments, and if they can't work due to these health problems the government (aka taxpayers) support them for life.

So the reality is NO, they are NOT responsible for what they eat..we as a society pay the price for people's bad habits, and as a result the government is taking some actions to help people make better choices.

If you would like to sign away your rights to taxpayer funded healthcare and disability payments, THEN you can eat and drink as much as you like. THEN you will be responsible for what you eat. THEN you will be FREE and have all the FREEDOMS to eat, smoke, and drink yourself into chronic illness...just make sure you have insurance and savings to pay for it all. THAT IS FREEDOM.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM

41 posts, read 252,831 times
If they want a ban on fountain soda that are more than 20oz. then they should ban the fast food restaurants that have free refills/fill ur own drink places as well. I assume people gonna take advantage of these places than buying 2 drinks.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,509,881 times
This is a ban on cups, and nothing else. You're free to get a 16oz cup and refill it over and over until your blood turns to corn syrup and the fire department has to cut away the booth you're in so you can leave.

I wouldn't mind if you could order any size you wanted, but the names were changed and you had order by these new names. For example, "I'll have 32 ounce Jesus-what-is-wrong-with-me-I-am-terrible-husk-of-a-human-being-with-no-grasp-of-personal-responsibility Coke please."

Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,550,532 times
Lets face it, propensity to consume bucket-sized sodas is generally inversely correlated with the consumer's IQ. Meaning people at that end of the IQ train are barely responsible for what they consume - if they see it in a store, especially a big brand store - then they see it as essentially "sanctioned" as ok by society. End of thought process.
This is a message that drinking your way to diabetes is not approved by the NYC health commissioner. However, if you really want adult-onset diabetes, because this is the land of the free, you can stilll go for it and buy as many corn syrup-delivery receptacles as you want - knock yourself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City