Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Knowing the technological advances, perhaps Daryl Dirtbag might want to think twice before committing a crime.

And who is the government? We taxpayers who these scammers are cheating.

If you have extra to give, please be my guest. Just don't be looking to get charitable out of my pocket. Times are tough all over.
Please stop acting like your $5 contribution to the welfare budget (which is 2%) is actually doing something for anyone.

Talk about the THOUSANDS you have not yet made that went into the pockets of the millionaires on Wall Street who STILL got million dollar bonuses at the end of the year.

These are the REAL "Welfare Kings and Queens".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 01:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
^ people don't seem to be mad at the rich
bloodsuckers of the poor. they're just hating
the poor bloodsuckers of the rich.

they're all bloodsuckers, people; those who
leech off the system while you stand there
and watch.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
One time I was in line at Gristedes and the woman in front of me had her groceries divided in two. She paid for the first section with an EBT card and the second, which was all junk, with a platinum master card.

I don't even have a platinum master card. I guess with all the money she saves on food she can afford the payments...

Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Harlem I don't believe they are equally bad...I think the corporations and fat cats have run the country into the ground, push jobs overseas, and essentially have stolen our futures. The welfare moms are the same? That's one of the great stories we are fed by republicans...welfare moms are worse than the corporations. As soon as I see welfare moms stealing tens of billions from the public, crashing the US and Global economy sending us into a near depression, causing massive layoffs, foreclosures, etc...THEN I will say the welfare moms are the same.

Until then...it is very clear what the real financial problem is in this country, and who the real cheats and scam artists are, and it ain't the welfare moms.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
One time I was in line at Gristedes and the woman in front of me had her groceries divided in two. She paid for the first section with an EBT card and the second, which was all junk, with a platinum master card.

I don't even have a platinum master card. I guess with all the money she saves on food she can afford the payments...
How do you know it's an EBT card when it doesn't say EBT or anything related to food stamps on it?

Couldn't it have been a separate debit card?

Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How do you know it's an EBT card when it doesn't say EBT or anything related to food stamps on it?

Couldn't it have been a separate debit card?
Um...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mJAE4g48Ky...0/ebt-card.jpg

Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Harlem I don't believe they are equally bad...I think the corporations and fat cats have run the country into the ground, push jobs overseas, and essentially have stolen our futures. The welfare moms are the same? That's one of the great stories we are fed by republicans...welfare moms are worse than the corporations. As soon as I see welfare moms stealing tens of billions from the public, crashing the US and Global economy sending us into a near depression, causing massive layoffs, foreclosures, etc...THEN I will say the welfare moms are the same.

Until then...it is very clear what the real financial problem is in this country, and who the real cheats and scam artists are, and it ain't the welfare moms.
Over the years, we've been duped by the "powers that be" that welfare or asking for any kind of government assistance is the most EVIL and LOW DOWN thing you could ever do.

People fell for the lies. Also, it doesn't help that the "face" of welfare is always a Black woman.

Never mind that there are more whites on it than anyone else or that hispanic women dominate the rolls more than african americans. The US government knows that if you put a black face to anything they want to "demonize" than the rest of america who doesn't know better will fall into line.

Reagan did it with the mythical black welfare queen that was proven to have never existed and Bush, Sr. did it with the black parole Willie Horton when he was running on his platform. I'm sure there were white parolees that murdered people, but it wouldn't make a great impact when the face resembles the "majority".

Just so people know, in the Queens welfare office, many of the people applying are foreigners. Whether they are legal or not, I can't tell you, but many aren't American.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
^2 i bet that blew your mind lol....

that's so ridiculous, it's hilarious;
the blatant nerve of people.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
How close were you up on the person?

Seriously, I never know what "card" anyone uses, because I give folks "space" to pay. Are you like shoulder to shoulder? If they turn around to fling their hair, will it smack you in the face?

The only thing I notice is the WIC stuff, but I'm never close enough to see someone's card.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Just wanted to add, that I wish I could qualify for a food stamp card, because I would make sure that it was in PLAIN VIEW for EVERYONE TO SEE that believes they're "too good" for them.

I'd make sure I did all of my food shopping in mid-Manhattan. I would take my sweet, ever loving time taking out my groceries to **** everyone off, then pull out my EBT card and "drop" it on the table for all the "nosey" hard working people to see how "good" I got it.

Since I'm black, they'll assume my name is "Laquinda" or some nonsense and that I'm a single mother with 5 kids living in the projects. LOL!

Oh, yeah, I'll make sure to have mostly junk food to make it even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City