Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times

Advertisements

Ok it's hard to gauge sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

Anyway, gonna go bang my brains out now. TTYL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
ok it's hard to gauge sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

Anyway, gonna go bang my brains out now. Ttyl!!
:d

Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
LOL you're kidding me right? It scares me that people can be this dense. The again, you're the same fella constantly lecturing the forum about the immorality of sex. So I guess this makes sense actually.
I have to spread more rep around before giving it to you again.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I have to spread more rep around before giving it to you again.
Give some rep to me!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Give some rep to me!

Have some self respect, Howard Wolfson...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 PM

50 posts, read 58,799 times
Bloomberg is an egotistical maniac

let's see under bloomberg's reign of terror
he completely ignored term limits and coherced his way into a 3rd term
Traffic is worse then ever thanks to all these specialty lanes
Where once mom and pops flourished chain stores have taken over everywhere
Comrade Bloomberg will tell you what you can eat and drink and what size portions you're allowed
He's created a quasi police state and his assault on the rights of citizens is chilling.

Real issues in the city that need to be addressed have been left unaddressed and taxes are ridiculous as are the tolls and the cost of mass transit

to the OP maybe you like a great big nanny state. I for one don't.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 AM

669 posts, read 1,273,817 times
Bloomberg has done some great things for the city in terms of it's progress, development, environment, tourism, and creating growth in industries like tech, medical, entertainment. But all those things have more to do with building up NY's status and keeping it competitive on a global scale, I don't think he's been a great mayor for the middle to lower class. For the most part his programs seem to be suited for tourists and the wealthy ignoring the average NYer and most of their issues.

I see both sides with him I think it should be recognized some of the good things he's accomplished for the city but at the same time acknowledge how he's neglected the middle and lower class here.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
Bloomberg is an egotistical maniac

let's see under bloomberg's reign of terror
he completely ignored term limits and coherced his way into a 3rd term
Traffic is worse then ever thanks to all these specialty lanes
Where once mom and pops flourished chain stores have taken over everywhere
Comrade Bloomberg will tell you what you can eat and drink and what size portions you're allowed
He's created a quasi police state and his assault on the rights of citizens is chilling.

Real issues in the city that need to be addressed have been left unaddressed and taxes are ridiculous as are the tolls and the cost of mass transit

I agree.

I lost all respect for the man once he ignored "term limits". I am sorry, this is un-acceptable, he was not entitled to a third term. We as people should have not allowed it. What gave him the right to over turn a law for his benefit, than the nerve to change it back.

He also has no conception for the "Quality of Life" for all NYC residents, otherwise the "tourist helicopters" and now, since the flight changes in La Guardia Airport, all of Brooklyn is under constant flight paths that airplanes now fly at lower altitudes and are flying over our neighborhoods at 30 second intervals, all day long, everyday, thus spraying jet exhaust all over are land, and the roar of airplanes is maddening.

but instead of worrying about breathing in jet fuel, he is worried about second hand smoke.

So now I go to Prospect park, no on can smoke in the park, OK, goodie...but there are airplanes flying right above the park, eminating jet fuela all over, that i am breathing in, and the nature is breathing in.....not to mention taking the serenity away from a beloved park.
Who wants to read a book in the park with jets flying above evey 30 seconds one after the other, constantly all day long until around 2am.

Bloomberg sucks

Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I do love living under 'Nanny State', otherwise it would have been bad quality of life.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
I do love living under 'Nanny State', otherwise it would have been bad quality of life.

i wish you could read my mind right about now.

bloomie does not care about quality of life.

rudy did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City