Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 PM

235 posts, read 373,960 times

Advertisements

I have seen a number of Ghetto young people at night in midtown lately?? What is going on? Have they open new Ghetto bars/clubs lately? I feel like they are going to scared off the tourists in the city. Heck, I get intimidated too. I feel like someone is about to start a fight and then there will be some shooting. I pass the other night on 7th Avenue in the 30's and there were all these cops arresting some black kids. And there was a big crowd of other Black kids talking loud, shouting and all that annoying behavior that you see in the Ghetto.

Tonight I was walking from the Gym on 37th between 5th and 6th and I saw big crowds of Ghetto people making a line for some 'new' bar (or I don't know what it was). It wasn't even a line they were all over the sidewalk making it impossible for me to pass by (and others), so I had to walk on the 'dangerous' street to get by.

But I have seen more Ghetto people coming to the 'cool' places in Manhattan. Like in Fashion Week in SOHO and making noise and trashing that guy's car the other week.

I hope we don't start to see these flash mobs that go into stores and cause destruction and robbing these places like you hear in other cities. Or maybe that has happened already. Imagine a Ghetto Flash mob going into Macy's or Lord & Taylor's.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times
if "ghetto" ppl start to move into manhattan, will it drive down the property price there? and will brooklyn become a more desirable place to reside?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM

115 posts, read 190,509 times
I thought that is why you moved to NYC for all the diversity and culture.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Probably just Secret Service agents scouting ahead for the President. They used to go for the G-man look, but after the whole hooker thing....

Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
With a down economy, more people are obviously going to be depressed and turn to drugs to escape their financial woes. With drug demand up, the prices are also going to fly through the roof, helping Ghetto people take in the dough. With all this new dough, they're traveling in from the hood to more high end places as you described. This is what's causing the invasion of Ghetto people as you call them.

I'm just creating a dumb theory off the top of my head so no one take it seriously please. It's a Tuesday night, let me be dumb.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
I have seen a number of Ghetto young people at night in midtown lately?? What is going on? Have they open new Ghetto bars/clubs lately? I feel like they are going to scared off the tourists in the city. Heck, I get intimidated too. I feel like someone is about to start a fight and then there will be some shooting. I pass the other night on 7th Avenue in the 30's and there were all these cops arresting some black kids. And there was a big crowd of other Black kids talking loud, shouting and all that annoying behavior that you see in the Ghetto.

Tonight I was walking from the Gym on 37th between 5th and 6th and I saw big crowds of Ghetto people making a line for some 'new' bar (or I don't know what it was). It wasn't even a line they were all over the sidewalk making it impossible for me to pass by (and others), so I had to walk on the 'dangerous' street to get by.

But I have seen more Ghetto people coming to the 'cool' places in Manhattan. Like in Fashion Week in SOHO and making noise and trashing that guy's car the other week.

I hope we don't start to see these flash mobs that go into stores and cause destruction and robbing these places like you hear in other cities. Or maybe that has happened already. Imagine a Ghetto Flash mob going into Macy's or Lord & Taylor's.
Where you been? The area around 34th and 42nd especially towards west has always been a magnet for ghetto people. Have you been to the movie theaters by 42? LMAO.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM

145 posts, read 284,681 times
OP sounds ridiculously soft...

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djones748 View Post
OP sounds ridiculously soft...
A sheltered child or transplant.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
a sheltered child or transplant.

Please, do not feed the Troll.

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
Trolling in the deep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City