Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times

Advertisements

i was just reading the first few pages of the thread...
ppl were comparing chicago to nyc...just a thought. i feel like a lot of ppl forgot how bad things used to be in nyc...this link should remind them:

Brutal New York - 1965/95 - SkyscraperCity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM

4 posts, read 27,265 times
whats the safest projects in brooklyn

Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
ppl were comparing chicago to nyc...just a thought. i feel like a lot of ppl forgot how bad things used to be in nyc...this link should remind them:

Even though I was born in the 90's I can still remember a little bit of that, I just can't believe they had a burnt out car in front of the WTC.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,910 times
Default Far Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
that is way off, there is a large Hasidic Jewish population in the area and many people have to drive by the projects since the Rockaways are so narrow. The projects are dangerous but the roads around them are too busy at times for them to randomly harass passerbys. Not according to race anyway. LOL
-I am from Far Rockaway. There are many sets of projects along the penninsula and it is correct that in the 80s, many people would not stop for red lights because of shootings and windows being smashed. The Q22 bus that runs the length of the neighborhood was ver dangerous too. Often the bus would stop at beach 54th street and gangs would run on the bus and harrass people by sneaking in the back door. Bus driver never even cared.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,767,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

Ahhh!! New York, the good old days! New York was at one time a really awful place and those who haven't been here in awhile or never have been here, still perceive those images. Does anyone have pics of old Time Square?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 PM

281 posts, read 1,237,321 times
I have no experience personally at the current time but any of those Far Rock projects sound pretty bad.As far as good ones I don't hear too many bad things about Glenwood Projects in Brooklyn.Seems safer than Bayview in Canarsie which is also not too bad.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
I have no experience personally at the current time but any of those Far Rock projects sound pretty bad.As far as good ones I don't hear too many bad things about Glenwood Projects in Brooklyn.Seems safer than Bayview in Canarsie which is also not too bad.
yeah the projects in far rockaway are no joke...i have too many stories.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 4,277 times
i used to live in east new york and that place was mad ghetto...i was on pitkin ave and people were not that bad but it still was not a place you want to be walking through at night

Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK-TX View Post
i used to live in east new york and that place was mad ghetto...i was on pitkin ave and people were not that bad but it still was not a place you want to be walking through at night
pitkin is straight gutta

Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 PM

32 posts, read 164,142 times
How is Samuel Gompers Houses on the Lower East Side of Manhattan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City