Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 AM

172 posts, read 590,022 times

Advertisements

trying to pick the worst projects in new york is hard to guage, there are so many variables. some projects are overrated (queensbridge) and i think some are slept on(polo grounds) i think these two developments could match up even though Q.B. has about 96 buildings and P.G. has about 4......but anyway here's my 2 cents in manhattan its Polo grounds and Lincoln....with wagner and drew hamilton close behind......in the Bronx its Claremont village (morris houses,Webster houses on 169th st betweet 3rd and webster)even with all the cameras here you can still feel the grimyness in the air....in queens the far rock projects (edgemere, averne and redfern) are indeed isolated and dangerous and in brooklyn there are too many to name..(albany, brownsville, van dyke, tilden, fort green) dont sleep on marcy or pink either, alot of killers out there....matter of fact i think it would be better to reverse the question and name the safest pj in BK
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 06:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDrop149 View Post
trying to pick the worst projects in new york is hard to guage, there are so many variables. some projects are overrated (queensbridge) and i think some are slept on(polo grounds) i think these two developments could match up even though Q.B. has about 96 buildings and P.G. has about 4......but anyway here's my 2 cents in manhattan its Polo grounds and Lincoln....with wagner and drew hamilton close behind......in the Bronx its Claremont village (morris houses,Webster houses on 169th st betweet 3rd and webster)even with all the cameras here you can still feel the grimyness in the air....in queens the far rock projects (edgemere, averne and redfern) are indeed isolated and dangerous and in brooklyn there are too many to name..(albany, brownsville, van dyke, tilden, fort green) dont sleep on marcy or pink either, alot of killers out there....matter of fact i think it would be better to reverse the question and name the safest pj in BK
QB hasn't been dangerous for a long time; I walk through there all the time, and no one tries to bust my chops.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 45,200 times
What about the Sedywick houses, in Bronx, any gang activity inside and around the area (Morris Heights)?

Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM

7 posts, read 87,978 times
I'm from East New York and hands down the Pink Houses (Louis Heaton Pink) is the worst projects in Brooklyn! East New York is the worst neighborhood in NYC period. In 2007 East NY had the highest crime rate in Brooklyn with 31 murders and 631 robberies! That's East NY alone! Look it up! Not that it's something to brag about, but the truth can't be ignored. East NY consist of about 5 towns: Cypress Hills, City Line, New Lots,, Spring Creek and Starrett City. ENY has has about 11 PJs. Brownsville has the most projects in one town. And Queensbridge is the biggest Projects setting ever (they're an entire town of projects).

Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,323 times
Cooper/Stuyvesant!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 AM

78 posts, read 316,230 times
They are all terrible and breeding grounds for criminal activity. I read about the poor russian guy who was delivering meals to a project in brownsville brooklyn. The guy was robbed and killed in broad daylight. Of course someone in the development knows who did it but won't tell. The people in projects know immediately if you belong there or not. I worked in brooklyn for 22 yrs and I've heard tough black and spanish guys tell me they don't go in this project or that project. The people there are very close knit.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecraw View Post
They are all terrible and breeding grounds for criminal activity. I read about the poor russian guy who was delivering meals to a project in brownsville brooklyn. The guy was robbed and killed in broad daylight. Of course someone in the development knows who did it but won't tell. The people in projects know immediately if you belong there or not. I worked in brooklyn for 22 yrs and I've heard tough black and spanish guys tell me they don't go in this project or that project. The people there are very close knit.
You don't know what your talking about, its all speculation. I've lived in the Projects, have many friends in the projects and I can tell you first hand that a majority of the people are good, decent hard working people.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakary75 View Post
What about the Sedywick houses, in Bronx, any gang activity inside and around the area (Morris Heights)?
The Sedgwick houses aren"t terrible. Morris Heights has alot of gang activity. I heard there were Crips in the Sedgwick Houses, but the area, like most of the west Bronx is Blood. You also have DDP'S in and about. I never heard of Trinitarios in Morris Heights, but they are heavy in University Heights. And of course, you're going to have alot of Latin Kings. How much? I dont know what to tell you.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The Sedgwick houses aren"t terrible. Morris Heights has alot of gang activity. I heard there were Crips in the Sedgwick Houses, but the area, like most of the west Bronx is Blood. You also have DDP'S in and about. I never heard of Trinitarios in Morris Heights, but they are heavy in University Heights. And of course, you're going to have alot of Latin Kings. How much? I dont know what to tell you.
You are still talking about a tiny portion of the residents living in public housing. and most victims of gang activity are involved with gang activity.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
You are still talking about a tiny portion of the residents living in public housing. and most victims of gang activity are involved with gang activity.
That portion compared to the gangs living in private homes is infinite.

That portion compared to gangs in apartment buildings is large.

Many people in projects are involved in gangs. WAY more than private homes and even dense tenement blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City