Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:59 PM

132 posts, read 159,564 times

Advertisements

idiots.

i could totally see some nutjob opening fire on the crowd at a Streisand concert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
That upper middle class baby boomer couple is looking mighty dangerous to me. Better alert security, Streisand might be in danger. They look like gang members, better be careful.

If people didn't have something to b*tch about what would they do.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
So true...such an event is totally outlandish and would never occur today. Like the idea that some middle american white bread random dude would blow up a huge Oklahoma City building...that could never happen because well...that sort of thing doesn't happen there...those are "good god fearing people." That would be almost as crazy as a mass killing in a highly regarded university by a student...I mean these are all just kids going to school with good grades...nothing to ever worry about there for sure except maybe getting a bike stolen by those colored folks!

Yes indeed..totally crazy to require metal detectors, or really any security at all at a major venue in NYC hosting thousands of "good, god fearing people". Nothing to worry about folks..just make sure there are no colored folks around (except the ones cleaning the bathroom of course)..those are the ones we gotta worry about!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM

145 posts, read 284,738 times
Why are you the only one bringing race into this (once again)?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
So true...such an event is totally outlandish and would never occur today. Like the idea that some middle american white bread random dude would blow up a huge Oklahoma City building...that could never happen because well...that sort of thing doesn't happen there...those are "good god fearing people." That would be almost as crazy as a mass killing in a highly regarded university by a student...I mean these are all just kids going to school with good grades...nothing to ever worry about there for sure except maybe getting a bike stolen by those colored folks!

Yes indeed..totally crazy to require metal detectors, or really any security at all at a major venue in NYC hosting thousands of "good, god fearing people". Nothing to worry about folks..just make sure there are no colored folks around (except the ones cleaning the bathroom of course)..those are the ones we gotta worry about!
...Or at a movie theatre in quiet Aurora Colorodo...no one would ever bring a gun to something like that, right?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
...Or at a movie theatre in quiet Aurora Colorodo...no one would ever bring a gun to something like that, right?
I know, right? They should have installed metal detectors at the exit doors in that movie theater in Aurora(that's where the psycho entered)....

Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM

145 posts, read 284,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
I know, right? They should have installed metal detectors at the exit doors in that movie theater in Aurora(that's where the psycho entered)....
Please don't bring facts into this!!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djones748 View Post
Please don't bring facts into this!!
I always try not to, but sometimes the facts do get the best of me! I'm only human
Pertaining to the topic at hand, menopausal women can get a little loony with the hot flashes and all, so Streisand fans should definitely be minding their "p's and q's". Like Grandmaster Flash said, "it's a jungle sometimes".

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM

802 posts, read 1,367,174 times
its not racist

Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Barclay is realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Barbra Streisand fans didn't have to go through metal detectors at Barclays Center, but Jay-Z fans did - NYPOST.com

Now there are cry's of racism. If you ask me, violence and hiphop go hand in hand. I'm a huge hip hop fan but facts are facts. They were right to have everyone for Jay Z's concert pass thru the metal detector. I can GUARANTEE you that had they not had detectors and someone would have gotten shot, these same people crying out about racism would have been asking WHY WERE'NT THERE METAL DETECTORS, in addition to those who were shot suing the Barclay's center for not having them.

Barclays Center administrators were just being realistic. Let those whiners complain and cry racism all they want to. Bottom line is that no one was shot at Jay-Z's concert because Barclays used common sense. Consequently, no lives were lost and that is what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City