Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 AM

917 posts, read 2,004,559 times

Advertisements

I know nothing about the Bronx. How much cheaper is the rent there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Well I leave it to the OP..you can take the advice of people who actually live in the Bronx and know the borough, or you can take the advice of someone who gathers random information and purports to have insight into the borough. Your choice!

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
The OP doesn't need to take my word for it.
I would invite her to take a look the safety maps created by people here on CD.
Why does everyone keep using feminine pronouns when referring to the OP ? Is everyone on here gay ?I thought only other gay guys were allowed to refer to each other as "her" and "she".

I think a lot of people are missing an important point of this thread.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Lol!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
You guys are getting off track and getting into an argument about how good or bad the Bronx is instead of trying to help the OP. Get with the program.

Here's my question:

Why is he asking you to move in with him instead of vice versa? Has he been living there such a long time in a rent stabilized apartment that his is significantly cheaper than yours? Is his apartment bigger or nicer? Where does your BF work? Are you currently living alone or with a roommate?

I only ask because if you are at the stage of the relationship where you want to live together, both of you should be comfortable and be able to compromise. If for some reason you are not totally comfortable moving in with him where he lives and the commute would be far worse for you, then you can both look into finding a new apartment together in an area that is agreeable to you both. Or he can possibly move in with you instead.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Why does everyone keep using feminine pronouns when referring to the OP ? Is everyone on here gay ?I thought only other gay guys were allowed to refer to each other as "her" and "she".

I think a lot of people are missing an important point of this thread.
Lol, I think people only read the first post and missed the post where the OP indicated he was male and Gay. People are assuming the OP is a female.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
You guys are getting off track and getting into an argument about how good or bad the Bronx is instead of trying to help the OP. Get with the program.

Here's my question:

Why is he asking you to move in with him instead of vice versa? Has he been living there such a long time in a rent stabilized apartment that his is significantly cheaper than yours? Is his apartment bigger or nicer? Where does your BF work? Are you currently living alone or with a roommate?

I only ask because if you are at the stage of the relationship where you want to live together, both of you should be comfortable and be able to compromise. If for some reason you are not totally comfortable moving in with him where he lives and the commute would be far worse for you, then you can both look into finding a new apartment together in an area that is agreeable to you both. Or he can possibly move in with you instead.
Good point but you know the Bronx is always a bone of contention here...

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Oops. I missed the OP's second post where he says he's gay.
My apologies, no offense was inteded.
Not sure, how it would affect his situation up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey48 View Post
I know nothing about the Bronx. How much cheaper is the rent there?
A lot cheaper.Everything is cheaper .

The truth is that there is a very wide spectrum of neighborhoods ranging from among the best in the city to among the worst in the city, with lots that are right in the middle.All of them are substantially cheaper than comparable neighborhoods in other boroughs of equal distance from midtown ,simply because they happen to be in The Bronx.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Oops. I missed the OP's second post where he says he's gay.
My apologies, no offense was inteded.
Not sure, how it would affect his situation up there.
I think if you were black and "obviously gay" you might understand. I think this is in fact the most significant reason for the OP's discomfort in certain neighborhoods and honestly I don't blame him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City