Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
Is the area around Brook Ave 6 train bad too? I was there once about 2 years ago, noticed a few buildings have signs said "Operation Clean Hall". Not sure what that means.
Disgusting area. One of the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
So OP are you dead serious? I'm wondering if you really intend to never set foot in Da Boogie again.
I couldn't be any more dead serious.

I'd rather live in a third world country than set foot in the bronx again.

How can a first world country have such bad areas? Honestly.

The projects are probably the #1 problem in NYC.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
So let's take it down a notch..because really we don't know the whole story do we? This young traveler hasn't said much of anything except "he has never seen so many ghetto people in his life." So this begs a few questions:

Where is Youngtravel from and where does he live?
How does he know this person?
Why is he writing off an entire borough because of 1 area he did not like. Would you write off all of Manhattan because of the heights? Would you write off all of BK because of Bed-stuy? Well that's what this poster is doing.

You will note that nowhere did he complain that he was scared for his life, worried about anything...just that he saw alot of "ghetto people." You can say the same thing in and around Penn Station, West Chelsea, LES, East Harlem, etc. Someone from NYC should not be surprised by this....so I am kinda confused by this thread.

Based on his comments, or lackthereof, there isn't much to comment on. And the little he did say, was silly..."so many ghetto people therefore I will never go to the Bronx." I mean really....and people are agreeing with him and piling on? Silly.
I felt uncomfortable everywhere I walked in the bronx. Specially waiting for trains. Ghetto and disgusting people everywhere. Tons of typical youngsters with "THAT LOOK" that you'd rather stay away from.

By the way, I currently live in Astoria, Queens.

Oh and I'd like to mention that I'm actually moving to Harlem. If you've been reading my other threads, that's 116th st between Lenox & 5th Ave.

That place is a walk in the park now that I've experienced the bronx

Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM

576 posts, read 1,596,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
never again.

that is all.
That's exactly what I said after the first time I visited Williamsburg.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
One of the funniest post ever, short and to the point. THAT IS ALL!

Because of my ignorant about the Bronx, I always thought of it as just one big ghetto. I only find
out from reading other more knowledgeable posters here that there are actually nice neighborhoods
like Riverdale and Pelham Parkway in the Bronx too. The only few times I've been to the Bronx is
because of the school field trips to the Bronx Zoo.
Of all 5 boroughs the Bronx has the least number of "nice areas". There are maybe 3 (Pelham, Riverdale, Throgsneck). The rest is pretty much slum. When I first met my fiance she lived on 199th between Jerome and Grand Concourse. I HATED going up there to see her. Now that she lives with me I have absolutely no reason to go to the Bronx unless I'm passing thru to go upstate.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
lol wow at the responses. but i must say - that third avenue strip is pound for pound one of the most dangerous spots in the bronx. and thats from 138th going up to webster avenue. honestly one of the most dangerous spots in the city. and ur humble m0d has been out there - day and night. morris houses n all that.
Its bad but it doesnt have anything on Brownsville Brooklyn. Now THAT place is seriously messed up!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
That's exactly what I said after the first time I visited Williamsburg.
Williamsburg? Its infested with nothing but hipsters and their bicycles. What's there to be afraid of? LOL.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
lol wow at the responses. but i must say - that third avenue strip is pound for pound one of the most dangerous spots in the bronx. and thats from 138th going up to webster avenue. honestly one of the most dangerous spots in the city. and ur humble m0d has been out there - day and night. morris houses n all that.
Laughing my a$$ off at your sarcasam of your comment. Third avenue is only worse by Paterson, butler, Webster pj's, also its pretty rough by east Tremont.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
South Bronx is straight up hood.
Despite the best efforts of some people on this forum to paint that area as 'up and coming', 'a bargain for new families' and 'an enclave of middle class people' It's just hood with most of its inhabitants being of the ghetto type.

Maybe after 2 or 3 generations we'll see a change.

Till then, you guys can keep that bargain

Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Williamsburg? Its infested with nothing but hipsters and their bicycles. What's there to be afraid of? LOL.

Bedbugs and herpes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City