Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM

6,459 posts, read 11,994,363 times

Advertisements

I guess NYPD no longer gives psychological tests with their examinations anymore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/26/ny...m.html?hp&_r=0

Quote:
A New York police officer was arrested Wednesday in Queens by the Federal Bureau of Investigation after he discussed cooking and eating female body parts, according to a criminal complaint.

The evidence against the officer, a six-year veteran of the New York Police Department, consists of e-mails and instant messages in which he was “discussing plans to kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts of a number of women,” according to the complaint against the officer, Gilberto Valle.

The complaint suggests that Officer Valle, who worked in the 26th Precinct in Manhattan and lives in Forest Hills, Queens, never followed through on any of the acts he is accused of discussing.
He was charged with federal kidnapping conspiracy, and is expected to appear in Federal District Court in Manhattan on Thursday afternoon.

In one message to a co-conspirator, Officer Valle wrote that he was contemplating cooking a person “over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible,” according to the complaint.

“The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us,” Mary E. Galligan, the F.B.I.'s acting assistant director, said in a statement. “They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle’s own words and actions were shocking.”

The criminal complaint describes two separate episodes in which Officer Valle discussed abducting women. In each case it appears that the women knew the officer vaguely.

In an episode in February, Officer Valle sent an online message to another unnamed person in which he offered to kidnap a woman on the person’s behalf for a price: “$5,000 and she is all yours,” the officer wrote, according to the complaint.

“Just so that you know, she may be knocked out when I get her to you,” Officer Valle wrote, according to the criminal complaint. “I don’t know how long the solvent I am using will last but I have to knock her out to get her out of her apartment safely.”

Officer Valle appeared to be under the impression that the person he was communicating with intended to rape the woman, according to the criminal complaint.

“She will be alive,” he wrote. “It’s a short drive to you. I think I would rather not get involved in the rape. You paid for her. She is all yours and I don’t want to be tempted the next time I abduct a girl.”

Officer Valle also wrote that he would not budge on his $5,000 price. “Like I said this is very risky and will ruin my life if I am caught.”

While the complaint does not identify the woman in question, F.B.I. agents later learned that cellphone tracking devices indicated that Officer Valle had made or received phone calls on the block in Manhattan where the woman lived. When an F.B.I. agent interviewed the woman, she said she did not know Officer Valle well.

In a search of the officer’s computer, federal investigators discovered “files pertaining to at least 100 women,” according to the complaint. “The F.B.I. has identified and interviewed 10 of these women, each of whom has confirmed to the F.B.I. that Valle is known to her.”

In the search, federal agents also discovered a document Officer Valle had created that appeared to be a “blueprint” for “abducting and cooking” another woman, according to the complaint, which redacts the name of the victim.

In one message from July 19, 2012, Officer Valle sent an instant message to a person described as a “co-conspirator,” indicating that he was meeting with the intended victim three days later, according to the complaint. The victim, who was later interviewed in October by the F.B.I., said she had met the officer that day “at a restaurant for lunch,” according to the complaint. What happened during or after the lunch was not disclosed.
The guy's picture and a copy of the complaint is here:

NYPD officer Gilberto Valle arrested by FBI over failed plot to kidnap women and cook them - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,191,128 times
Dude...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM

25,347 posts, read 36,896,038 times
Bouf Bourgignon?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM

448 posts, read 683,606 times
Do. Not. Trust. Cops.

Ever.

Never Ever.

Ever.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,985,517 times
this is beyond sick.

Thank god the person who gave this leak to the Feds.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Do. Not. Trust. Cops.

Ever.

Never Ever.

Ever.
What's really scary is that the cop already had somebody in mind.

Was it a next door neighbor? Someone who jilted him?

Being that he wears a uniform and carries a badge, he can pull a woman or young girl over for anything and she would go with him. Very frightening.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,188,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I guess NYPD no longer gives psychological tests with their examinations anymore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/26/ny...m.html?hp&_r=0

The guy's picture and a copy of the complaint is here:

NYPD officer Gilberto Valle arrested by FBI over failed plot to kidnap women and cook them - NY Daily News
How did he pass ANY exam?? I mean, how does this "cop" not realize that everything can be traced and here he is sending IM's like they're nothing?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
this is beyond sick.

Thank god the person who gave this leak to the Feds.
Did you read the complaint? It's ghastly!

He had 100 women on his computer as potential victims and he knew all of them. He had all of their information, including bra size. He had a picture next to each one and would share them with the other guy.

It really is something straight out of a horror movie. The fact that he's a cop makes it worse. He would look up these women's info on a computer or website only used by law enforcement.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,191,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Do. Not. Trust. Cops.

Ever.

Never Ever.

Ever.

Yes this is a rational philosophy to take from this.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,217,520 times
At the TRUE CRIME forum ppl predict that the next major-scale serial killer will be a person with law-enforcement background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: