Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:50 PM

3 posts, read 20,578 times

Advertisements

Hi !!

This is my first post. My family (my parents and i) will have interview soon for mitchell-lama two bedroom in manhattan.

I would like to know how to calculate the asset? Cause i have stock and the market value is about $62000 now.

Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
You just list the assets and they take 2% of them and add it to your income...so they would add $1240 to income. Now where it gets dicey, if you reported income from these assets on your tax forms make sure they adjust for that or they are counting it twice.

My guess is to report the higher of actual dividends and capital gains actually taken and that 2% figure. Unless you are talking to a real cretin, they should understand what you are talking about.

But don't let them count it twice especially if you are near the upper limit. (But if you are flirting with the BOTTOM of the range, let them count it as often as they wish. )

Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM

thanks for your reply. Do you know how to check their max income limit?

The mitchell-lama apartment is confucius plaza in new york.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 AM

So how long did it take to get to the top of the waiting list?

I once had an aquaintance who lived on one of the top floors in a gorgeous 3 bedroom apartment in CP. Both his parents died and his sister moved out and he had this magnificent sprawling place to himself and was paying bupkis. The view was to die for, like 40 stories above the Brooklyn Bridge. There was talk of them trying to get rid of him but he didn't seem very worried about it and remained there for a couple years that I knew him. Of course, he was Chinese.

If they open the waiting list they will advertise the income limits, but it won't likely be opening any time soon. They all differ a bit but my guesstimate is that the top limit for 3 is someting like 60K, give or take several thousand.

Why not call them to find out exactly because you don't want to miss out on such a spectacular once in a lifetime deal by overstating income by a couple thousand. Make sure to find out whether they take federal funds or only state funds.In the first case HUD income limits apply, in the second it is HPD income limits. It's a little hairy so be careful.

There is a list that indictes which ML's are federally mortgaged and which are not...but I cannot lay my hands on it at the the moment. Perhaps someone else has it in his FAVORITES list.

Perhaps SeventhFloor will weigh in on this...he is pretty knowledgeable about Mitchell Lama.

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-27-2012 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 01:26 PM

Thanks for all helps above, i have get approved and i already moved in. very nice view up there and i can see all manhattan at living room and manhattan bridge and brooklyn bridge in two bedroom.

For king: I have been wating for like 6 years. I remember i mail out the post card on 2008 and my waiting number is 1xx. My friend's number is 2xxx.....

Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,602 times
Wow. Good for you. Is it rental or coop? What if you double you income next year, can you still live there?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 PM

163 posts, read 484,731 times
I applied in 2009 and now I am #19 I wonder how long it will take. When I first applied I was #144..what do they ask in the interview?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:53 PM

58 posts, read 287,278 times
you are a lucky dude! Where do you get the application form to apply for that building? Is it still open?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 AM

Congratulations to you Imfljr,

Hmmm, how did I miss that open waiting list in 2008?

(Perhaps I'll see you at WoHop's for lunch, I go frequently. )

Quote:
I applied in 2009 and now I am #19 I wonder how long it will take. When I first applied I was #144..what do they ask in the interview?
jas,
I'm gonna guess it will be year's wait for you.
They want family size and INCOME from everyone who will be living there...also assets of everyone. They will also run a credit check on every adult.
They will also do a housing inspection, so have everyone there and try to avoid livestock in the living room.
(I never cleaned so much in my life.)

One inspector told me that he had just been to an apartment that had TIRES ON THE BED! :

Last edited by Kefir King; 04-03-2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM

163 posts, read 484,731 times
thank you so much for your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City