Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
Can someone refresh my memory, I recall reading a while back that Bloomberg was pushing for this to get money for the city so that the revenue can help pay for new city workers.

City wins state appeal for new taxi system in outer boroughs - NYPOST.com

With this going in his favor is this good news eventually for us waiting and the city?
unrelated, anything budget related you hear on the news is all politics.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
That's AWESOME so I take it that you would be one of the first people to get the call. I am losing my mind I can't wait!
Yes according to the beautiful young lady down at dcas ....any new info I recieve I'll be sure to pass on

Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 AM

156 posts, read 250,709 times
Did anyone go to the union meeting? If so, any good news?

Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM

185 posts, read 319,929 times
The mayor did in fact blame the loss of new medallion money for not negotiating contracts. But rest assured now that he got it he will find a new reason not to pay us. He's a weasel

Old 06-07-2013, 12:24 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
That would be common sense. The city has none
Wait till you get on the job. If it makes sense they do the opposite.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM

49 posts, read 76,337 times
Wow...been a real lull in any rumors lately! Really starting to feel first class won't be till Sept.Just cant understand why the dept has to be so secretive on when they'll be classes!They have to know something at this point. I know the city budget comes out in July,but union reps must have some kinda commitment from the city at this point. Makes no sense to me. Everyone waiting has to be nervous and kinda put life on hold until an official word comes down! Cant really make plans during the week due to the fact that FBF training may start from as early as July to as late as October. When,and hopefully it does start, do they have 3 different shifts per class? And if so...do they alternate from week to week? Also...if anyone can answer how many are in the DSNY workforce presently? I know theres probably a max and min line that the union adheres to...if so, what are those max/min limits?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:43 PM

308 posts, read 517,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojet View Post
Wow...been a real lull in any rumors lately! Really starting to feel first class won't be till Sept.Just cant understand why the dept has to be so secretive on when they'll be classes!They have to know something at this point. I know the city budget comes out in July,but union reps must have some kinda commitment from the city at this point. Makes no sense to me. Everyone waiting has to be nervous and kinda put life on hold until an official word comes down! Cant really make plans during the week due to the fact that FBF training may start from as early as July to as late as October. When,and hopefully it does start, do they have 3 different shifts per class? And if so...do they alternate from week to week? Also...if anyone can answer how many are in the DSNY workforce presently? I know theres probably a max and min line that the union adheres to...if so, what are those max/min limits?
The last thing I heard from a buddy that works at the borough is that they are estimating to have to promote 2 to 3 hundred sanmen to supervisor when they sections come back. That's good news.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:52 PM

49 posts, read 76,337 times
Sections? Not quite sure what that means but hope its good news to all of us WAITING!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,643 times
your class schedule is based on your last name.........your mostly 6 2 til you do ojt.... broom training and fel training......its broken down a1 a2 b1 b2 c1 c2.....so where ever your last name places you thats the time assignment youll have...they hand you a calendar to explain where n what time you have to report to fbf or your ojt garage.....sections is how garbage and recycling are broken down you might be 1 section route 2 just as an example..normally the lower the section the crappier the work...every garage is different

Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 AM

308 posts, read 517,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Already On View Post
your class schedule is based on your last name.........your mostly 6 2 til you do ojt.... broom training and fel training......its broken down a1 a2 b1 b2 c1 c2.....so where ever your last name places you thats the time assignment youll have...they hand you a calendar to explain where n what time you have to report to fbf or your ojt garage.....sections is how garbage and recycling are broken down you might be 1 section route 2 just as an example..normally the lower the section the crappier the work...every garage is different
So there can be multiple classes at fbf at same time? Like a day tour and a night tour? Nypd does that at their academy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City