Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,353 times

Advertisements

The first cdl training class is full and as for meds the first day is the 16th and yes they're only good for 6months not sure about x-rays and everything else she didn't say but my advice is hope for the best but prepare for the worst

Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,654 times
Im not trying to sound like a dick here guys...

But let's pretend that getting this job is like...important to you and stuff. It's very clear that several of you have the same pressing question about X-rays and how long they're good for. You all have the HR number...CALL IT. And get the name of whoever you spoke to.

This way you can prepare ahead. Best of luck.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 PM

76 posts, read 122,473 times
I was on the DSNY strongest forum only 39 people have their CDLs and are going to take their medical and 28 people are taking the CDL training. It also said that they are looking for 100 to fill the first class. I hope I get into the 2nd class at least I'm list # 303#. I already have my CDL and I know I will pass the medical. I just got a job and passed theirs last week. Mediacl is only good for 6 months and x-rays and hearing are good for a year.

Last edited by petstoredave; 07-15-2013 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Im not trying to sound like a dick here guys...

But let's pretend that getting this job is like...important to you and stuff. It's very clear that several of you have the same pressing question about X-rays and how long they're good for. You all have the HR number...CALL IT. And get the name of whoever you spoke to.

This way you can prepare ahead. Best of luck.
Exactly that's the same thing I said .....if you want the job do whatever the hell you have to do, it's worth it

Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petstoredave View Post
I was on the DSNY strongest forum only 39 people have their CDLs and are going to take their medical and 28 people are taking the CDL training. It also said that they are looking for 100 to fill the first class. I hope I get into the 2nd class at least I'm list # 303#. I already have my CDL and I know I will pass the medical. I just got a job and passed theirs last week. Mediacl is only good for 6 months and x-rays and hearing are good for a year.
call HR tell them you have your license already.

hopefully you skip all the people who didn't bother getting it in 6 years...

Old 07-16-2013, 02:23 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,392,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
call HR tell them you have your license already.

hopefully you skip all the people who didn't bother getting it in 6 years...

because obviously it takes at least 10 years to get one

Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 AM

91 posts, read 158,783 times
I don't understand how people say they want this job so bad but don't even have there CDL yet, it's been 6 years already

Old 07-16-2013, 06:31 AM

49 posts, read 76,296 times
No doubt about doin whatever is absolutely nec to get on the job!!!! Not many can say they waited over 6 yrs for a job...but we have & can!!! And so it goes without even having to say or post that!! As far as calling HR...thats my point...I did that and was told one thing...now im hearing different. Thats why I figure hearing it from guys who've already gone to pre-o and might have asked ,would be getting it first hand and accurately. I personally dont care if I have to go to 10 places in 1 day to get on! But some have to plan out their day and would like to know

Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 AM

308 posts, read 517,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojet View Post
No doubt about doin whatever is absolutely nec to get on the job!!!! Not many can say they waited over 6 yrs for a job...but we have & can!!! And so it goes without even having to say or post that!! As far as calling HR...thats my point...I did that and was told one thing...now im hearing different. Thats why I figure hearing it from guys who've already gone to pre-o and might have asked ,would be getting it first hand and accurately. I personally dont care if I have to go to 10 places in 1 day to get on! But some have to plan out their day and would like to know
Exactly. We are all willing to do what it takes. But an idea of what will happen on medical day would be nice. We did it before and we'll do it again

Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 AM

156 posts, read 250,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
Exactly. We are all willing to do what it takes. But an idea of what will happen on medical day would be nice. We did it before and we'll do it again
No doubt about it. I'm ready to do it again if I have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City