Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:42 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
He's already denied them their large soda cups. How much more cruel can he get?
STOP IT!!!! Don't you dare make me laugh!!!

This is supposed to be a SERIOUS post.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Non-violent drug offenders should be let out too. Jail should be reserved for violent dangerous hoodlums.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Why the f do you care about the livlyhood of these freaken prisioners? Why are you sympathic to them? You have family members or friends up in Rikers? The hell with those prisoners. They are the scum of NY. Let them suffer. Its prison,
It's not a prison, it's a county jail. It's a place where even YOU can land after being arrested for discriminatory rental practices.

Quote:
If you ask me, they have way too many liberties in Rikers. The point of prison is to make it as unpleasant as possible to deter people from going back again.
Nobody "asked you". Don't you have some cross burnings to tend to?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:47 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
You think people in Riker's are there for not paying a ticket, uh ya k. You're joking, right. If my home were built half as strong as Rikers is I wouldn't worry about having to move out of NY.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
I'm pretty sure you're trolling by now. Blew your cover way too early. 4/10.
I don't "troll".

Is it because I called NO a backwards city? Oops!

Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM

5,193 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
This isn't New Orleans. You can't compare a backwards city like that with this one.

Look, I'm not the Mayor. I don't get paid for this, but I'm sure there are "some" prisoners that could go home, if they're there for not paying a jumping the turnstile ticket, paying child support or stealing a candybar or some nonsense.

What if it was you? What if you didn't come to court to pay a parking fine, got arrested for an outstanding warrant and you can't leave until you see a judge which won't be until AFTER the storm?

Hell, you could be DEAD by then.
The comparison was meant to show that it was logistically impossible to feed, and provide bathroom services for people that did not need around the clock lockup in New Orleans. I am sure they could bus all the prisoners to the Garden but it would be next to impossible to carry it out.

Obviously a plan should be in place...........unfortunately it is most likely too late to do anything now and god forbid the public backlash if one of the thousands of prisoners was let out and committed a major crime.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
You think people in Riker's are there for not paying a ticket, uh ya k. If my home were built half as strong as Rikers is I wouldn't worry about having to move out of NY.
Yes, many are there for "failing to appear", "failing to pay fines", "not paying child support" and a whole bunch of other misdemeanor offenses. Not all of them, but non-violent felons need to be let out.

I swear some of you people live under a guilded rock of some sort.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM

594 posts, read 1,634,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't "troll".

Is it because I called NO a backwards city? Oops!
Nah, it was because of your overuse of sad faces and your obviously ludicrous argument in your second and third posts.

Fairly entertaining though...hell, I'll bump it up to a 5/10 seeing that you've got a few more people going now.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
The comparison was meant to show that it was logistically impossible to feed, and provide bathroom services for people that did not need around the clock lockup in New Orleans. I am sure they could bus all the prisoners to the Garden but it would be next to impossible to carry it out.

Obviously a plan should be in place...........unfortunately it is most likely too late to do anything now and god forbid the public backlash if one of the thousands of prisoners was let out and committed a major crime.
It should have been in place when Irene hit in 2010. The city was lucky that it wasn't as dangerous as predicted and I hope it isn't as bad now.

I'm not a cruel person. Hey, if Rikers was filled with 12000 CONVICTED child molesters and rapists, I never would have posted this thread, but they're not.

I find it sad and utterly reprehensible. What about the staff??? What if they just lock all the prisoners in their cells and do every man/woman for him/herself? Then what???

Will they be brought up on charges for not going down with the "ship" so to speak?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Bloomberg is a wealthy fellow who considers himself a member of the upper class. Prisoners for the most part are poor people- Rich people rarely go to jail unless it is for political reasons to set a false example that society is just and the law applies to all- The law does not apply to all.

Landfill that has settled over time is fairly stable- the buildings are solid of course- it's a jail..They will be all right.. Some elitists say of average and poor people "There are the convicted and those yet to be convicted"..meaning they hold most people in quiet loathing and contempt.

One writer states "They are the scum of NY"....Who is to say what is scum or what is not scum? Where are all the "scum" who plundered Wall Street and stole billions? NO- whether they be poor crooks or rich free crooks you have to take care of them...as mentioned there are people locked up in jails who are not bad people...Foolishly we believe that our court system is always just - perfect and intelligent..That is not the case- there are some fine people behind bars as well as wicked ones.....It is the duty of city authorities to take care of all their citizens- They position is not to judge but to server...everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City