Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM

14 posts, read 18,782 times

Advertisements

we are still deciding weather to travel into new york tomorrow are flight is still running but what we are worrying about are the taxis running to get us to manhattan and how is the damage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
You'll be able to get a cab but you might have a very long wait. Most of the area south of 34th is without power, many streets are blocked off, subway service is limited, buses are crazy crowded. If you are able to postpone your trip I would strongly suggest doing so.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,808,496 times
Can we not do something about TROLLS!!???

Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM

14 posts, read 18,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
I AM NOT A TROLL look back at my posts! i have got a holiday booked to NYC and bloody saved hard to pay for it i am wanting to come to NYC and wanting to know if its a good idea or not is it safe? i have posted things all about my hol you see a low post count and assume i am a troll..........what a friendly forum!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM

241 posts, read 372,877 times
Only a fool would come into nyc right now.

Downtown is underwater. The subways are not running, and will be only partially running tomorrow. The city is a parking lot.

There are many places with out power.

Sounds like a great vacation to me.

Use your travel insurance- this is called an "Act of God" in legal terms.

If you did not get insurance - lesson learned.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
This one isn't a troll. They've been asking questions about their trip for a couple months now. The best laid plans of Mice and Men...

Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymoo123 View Post
I AM NOT A TROLL look back at my posts! i have got a holiday booked to NYC and bloody saved hard to pay for it i am wanting to come to NYC and wanting to know if its a good idea or not is it safe? i have posted things all about my hol you see a low post count and assume i am a troll..........what a friendly forum!
No, your question is so, as you name suggests, SILLY!

NYC is in the midst of an unrecedented DISASTER, and you:

1) Presume the airports are and will be functioning to receive your flight. Unlikely, even if it is still scheduled!

2) You want to know if there will be taxi service at the airport, at a point in time of a Disaster, where there is no subway service, no PATH train service, and buses just started to run. Roads are flooded, blocked by trees, bridges are closed and virtually the entire population outside of Manhattan can't get into Manhattan!

There is no electricity, no phone service in the lower third of Manhattan, 2 MILLION people in the affected area are without power, people have died and are dying, lost their homes and livelihood, hospitals have been evacuated, let me give you an up close personal viewpoint:

Of the small group of which my GF is a part of, 2 people have lost their homes in the Breezzy Point fire, another's inlaws also lost their home in the same fire of 80 to 100 home fire.

Of the rest of 50 plus people NO one, save us, have power. Several have toppled trees on their homes, and others have flooded homes!

No one save us are untouched. The Market is open and somehow jobs MUST be done!

We NYers are living through a disater, and YOU want to know if your lousy vacation will go off as scheduled!

The answer is NO!!

Hit the cancel button! Duh!

"Sillymoo"? Yes, indeed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City