Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 PM

317 posts, read 819,595 times

Advertisements

With the limited train routes buses have become the main form of mass transit during the aftermath of hurricane Sandy...has anyone seen the animalistic behavior of people trying to board the buses. I saw a lady almost get trampled and even someone thrown to the ground because everyone seems to want to get through the door at the same time. Im glad I have my bike and my busines is close to my residence..

Anyone else have any bus horror stories from these past few days??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 PM

448 posts, read 685,267 times
That's pretty much how the bus is all the time

Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post

If I had a dollar for every time I was shoved out of the way getting on the M15 at 14th st at 8:30am. Let me tell you, I'd be rich.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 PM

446 posts, read 997,284 times
From Twitter:

"@HarlemAggie: So passengers just kicked a man off bc of bed bugs on the M104 RT @HarlemAggie: This M104 bus is quickly becoming an adaptation of "Lord of the Flies" #Sandy

"Achmat ‏@AchmatCubed
Passengers just kicked a man off bus number #104 People started screaming bed bugs. They dragged him off the bus @MTAInsider Bus #_060"

Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
LOL... This was different it seemed like 4 or 5 people at a time would try to enter the bus all at once. One guy was outside the door literally pushing them in and during that process a young lady was angry of the blockage and pulled another women out and threw her on the wet sidewalk only to find herself squeezed in the same spot as the women she vacated from the bus ......The lady on the floor then got up and went back into the squeezing process as if nothing happen...

I mean do you really like going to work that much, you have the perfect excuse to be absent or late so take your time people!!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler36 View Post
LOL... This was different it seemed like 4 or 5 people at a time would try to enter the bus all at once. One guy was outside the door literally pushing them in and during that process a young lady was angry of the blockage and pulled another women out and threw her on the wet sidewalk only to find herself squeezed in the same spot as the women she vacated from the bus ......The lady on the floor then got up and went back into the squeezing process as if nothing happen...

I mean do you really like going to work that much, you have the perfect excuse to be absent or late so take your time people!!
Damn. I was thinking "This is nothing new" until you said the woman was thrown on the floor and people kept pushing even after the bus was completely full. But yeah, I've seen people push each other on to the bus (and in fact, they do it in Japan with the trains).

Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,237,867 times
Default for once, people who know how to act in line

Had a weird experience in Flushing Chinatown boarding the 66 to LIC. Two different bus lines stop at one stop. There was a queue of folks waiting for the bus. Some were waiting for the 66, some for the other bus, all mixed in. No clumping, crowding or people milling about. One line. New arrivals went to the back of the line.

When the 66 pulled up, everyone waiting for it took one step forward from the main line, forming another neat line with gaps which they then tightened up in an orderly fashion. Then boarded the bus with no pushing or cutting. I've never seen anything like it in NYC. Why can't all queues be like this?

Old 11-01-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Damn. I was thinking "This is nothing new" until you said the woman was thrown on the floor and people kept pushing even after the bus was completely full. But yeah, I've seen people push each other on to the bus (and in fact, they do it in Japan with the trains).
Yes it reminded me of how they board the train in Japan..lol

Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecbee View Post
From Twitter:

"@HarlemAggie: So passengers just kicked a man off bc of bed bugs on the M104 RT @HarlemAggie: This M104 bus is quickly becoming an adaptation of "Lord of the Flies" #Sandy

"Achmat ‏@AchmatCubed
Passengers just kicked a man off bus number #104 People started screaming bed bugs. They dragged him off the bus @MTAInsider Bus #_060"
How would they know if dude had bed bugs? Darn things are borderline microscopic.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
A pregnant woman should avoid this kind of situations.
people couldn't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City