Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,537 times

Advertisements

HELLO EVERYONE

My question is does anyone in NYCHA (housing asst. etc) need to be in your personal business in order to do a transfer from one housing complex to another also in different areas.

I've been living with my mother for a long time now that I have 2 little ones i need the space my father can offer me the space cause he has a bigger apt. but now they did a background check everything is fine but they want to get into my personal business regarding my kids father etc.. Are they allow to get into my personal business I mean what's personal should stay personal they don't ask me that info here at my mother NYCHA

Can anyone give me some in sight on this!!

Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 12:33 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Whenever you ask for public assistance you are apt to have your "personal business" looked into.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:41 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
The real question why would you have kids knowing you where living in an apartment that wouldn't have enough room? Well whatever...

Yes they have every right to go into your "personal business". When tax payer dollars aren't paying your rent then you can have all the "personal business" you want

Old 08-16-2010, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 9,537 times
Ok thanx i just think my personal should stay personal.. I mean i don't go to them asking hey who's the father of ur kids or why you are not married etc.. U know.. Also i not asking for public asst. Or the fact yea i had 2 kids living in a smaller apt. Which people done worst being in a smaller appt. I'm just saying that i feel that my personal info should be kept private..

Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie553 View Post
Also i not asking for public asst.

The NYCHA is funded by tax dollars. aka public assistance.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
You are asking for for public assistance when you apply for public housing.

If they approve you and your children they are also legally approving the children's father(s) because the fathers are immediate family of the children even if the fathers have no legal relationship to you.They could not prevent a father from moving in with his child(children).So they want to know who the father(s) are in case this ever happens.They will want to see if the children are being supported in any way financially and they also probably want to know if the fathers have criminal records .
This is all understandable and is what they should be doing if you ask me.
It's all of our business because we will all be subsidizing your rent.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 PM

11 posts, read 75,377 times
Under NYCHA's rules, they will not allow him to live their if he is not on the lease. If he is found living their, you can get into trouble. Legally speaking, the only binding document is the lease.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,384 times
BlueDog2 I think your response to Minnie553 was very clear, articulate and respectful. Thank you for just answering the question rather than feeling compelled to voice a hurtful response.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,730 times
People in publice housing work and pay taxes too. Dont be condescending.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
There is no such thing as "personal business" when it comes to subsidized housing and it touches on your finances. How and by whom your children are supported is very much required by law if you are seeking public housing for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City