Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 06:46 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
They do for sure. It's the closest thing to a diner on that whole strip now and is a recognizable brand name to boot. I remember when there were two diners-El Greco and Sheepshead bay diner at the end. Good times. Now that site is condos as well. The building boom in this area is huge.
With all do respect, applebees sucks...

If you want diner styled food people go to Opera, where china max used to be. And if you want a bar setting with games on and good food, without any applebees commercial crap, Wheelers on sheepshead bay road hits the spot!

The 7/11 on sheepshead bay rd was open for such a short amount of time, that nobody even noticed it opened or closed.

Been living in Sheepshead bay for over 20+ years, I know it changed a lot and it's still changing as we speak. I love the neighborhood and know it like the back of my hand, but still sometimes desire something a bit more peaceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 11:07 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
With all do respect, applebees sucks...

If you want diner styled food people go to Opera, where china max used to be. And if you want a bar setting with games on and good food, without any applebees commercial crap, Wheelers on sheepshead bay road hits the spot!

The 7/11 on sheepshead bay rd was open for such a short amount of time, that nobody even noticed it opened or closed.

Been living in Sheepshead bay for over 20+ years, I know it changed a lot and it's still changing as we speak. I love the neighborhood and know it like the back of my hand, but still sometimes desire something a bit more peaceful.
I saw TV commercials for this and me and my wife are interested in trying it. Thanks for this feedback. China max was great, So was Siam Orchid when it was there. Wheeler's food has been great for years.

There Wolf Cave further Emmonds up also. Not sure how good they are. That site has seen a few restaurants. There was a Japanese place there for good while years ago.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:02 PM
PQM

93 posts, read 233,452 times
Default First Look at the 331-Foot Sheepshead Bay Tower Set to Dwarf Its Neighbors

[Size=5]First Look at the 331-Foot Sheepshead Bay Tower Set to Dwarf Its Neighbors[/Size]
By Ondel Hylton
January 11, 2016
First Look at the 331-Foot Sheepshead Bay Tower Set to Dwarf Its Neighbors | 6sqft

Quote:
In Manhattan, much of Brooklyn, and parts of Queens like Long Island City, a 300-foot tower isn’t even news. But out in the once-sleepy waterfront community of Sheepshead Bay, it’s sure to get people talking.

More info and images in the post here.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Eww, get that eyesore out of there. Go back to Downtown Brooklyn where you belong!

Old 01-15-2016, 07:47 AM

782 posts, read 858,375 times
I'm all for something being built over that swath of land on Voorhies...that particular block is very depressing.
But this tower is really a bit much.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:35 PM

802 posts, read 1,365,839 times
tested the honda on the bay yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7MEvWPQqTw

Old 01-26-2016, 12:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Eww, get that eyesore out of there. Go back to Downtown Brooklyn where you belong!
The Tower being built at the old site of El Greco is going up fast too. There will be more of these dominating the landscape there in the future i think.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 PM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I believe this is an as-of-right development. Plus its right near a subway and just like the other poster said, that particular block is abandoned/depressing. I am not opposed to these TOD developments. Honestly, large swaths of Sheapsheadbay Rd need some new construction. I am still surprised there are not any tall towers near Kings Highway stop yet.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:15 PM

THE VUE

Old 12-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Whats up Sheepshead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City