Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:24 PM

242 posts, read 355,514 times

Advertisements

It seems like Brooklyn in the flavor of the month. Soon it may be transplant heaven. What about Queens? Does it still contaain more natives than transplants?

Last edited by Johnny Danes; 11-24-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
It seems like Brooklyn in the flavor of the month. Soon it may be transplant heaven. What about Queens? Does it still contaain more natives than transplants?
Queens contains plenty of immigrants. Transplants are only ristricted too Astoria, Long Island City and Hunters Point due to its proximity to Manhattan. Brooklyn does have plenty of Native New Yorkers especially amongst the African American populace. As for Brooklyn being flavor of.the month I dare you to step into Brownsville which is notorious for crime in NYC or head to South Brooklyn, I have heard that Transplants called people from South Brooklyn Neanderthals.

As for which areas of NYC having the most Natives, Borougj wise probably Staten Island. Neighborhoods with plenty of Native New Yorkers, Rockaways which got rocked by Sandy, Howard Beach, College Point Queens, Bed Stuy Brooklyn, Harlem, UWS, much of east Bronx.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-25-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Queens is planet of the immigrants and they will not change anytime soon.

Anyway, I say Manhattan. Brooklyn is recieving lots of transplants but still has a long way to go until it reaches Manhattans level.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 PM

242 posts, read 355,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Anyway, I say Manhattan. Brooklyn is recieving lots of transplants but still has a long way to go until it reaches Manhattans level.

I agree with this.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 AM

13 posts, read 24,517 times
A little slice of Germantown remains on the UES. Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst, Bay Ridge, Canarsie - still many native NYers. In Queens- Breezy Point, Broad Channel, Bayside, Douglaston, Forest Hills Gardens and many of the areas away from the subway lines. Astoria, Sunnyside, LIC - transplanted yuppies.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
More "drive bys"???

Brooklyn? Flavor of the month?

WTF are you talking about???

Quote:
Soon it may be transplant heaven.
Are you some sort of numnutt???

Jfyi, Queens has more IMMIGRANTS than anything else.

Transplants inhabit only a select few of Brooklyn's DOZENS of neighborhoods!!

Now, may we please STOP the "Drive By" postings!

People, please require some sign of intelligent life before responding!!!

Seriously!! Do NOT feed the Trolls!

CD, on the off chance that these "drive by" posting are made by CHILDREN, then I suggest, just like with Libraries, a "Children's Section" be created; and/or a NYC "History" section, where accurate and real information can be posted, and myths and legends confronted and disspelled!

Comments?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Queens contains plenty of immigrants. Transplants are only ristricted too Astoria, Long Island City and Hunters Point due to its proximity to Manhattan. Brooklyn does have plenty of Native New Yorkers especially amongst the African American populace. As for Brooklyn being flavor of.the month I dare you to step into Brownsville which is notorious for crime in NYC or head to South Brooklyn, I have heard that Transplants called people from South Brooklyn Neanderthals.

As for which areas of NYC having the most Natives, Borougj wise probably Staten Island. Neighborhoods with plenty of Native New Yorkers, Rockaways which got rocked by Sandy, Howard Beach, College Point Queens, Bed Stuy Brooklyn, Harlem, UWS, much of east Bronx.
Dude, you MUST refrain from feeding the Trolls, but mostly PLEASE be fully accurate!!! Transplants exist in about twice the Queens neighborhoods; and it is NOT proximity that is the determining factor, but the amalgamation of COST, Safety, and housing quality.

Additionally, both Queens and Brooklyn have a significant portion of Natives both black, hispanic, (oft overlooked) asian and WHITE!! Of middle class natives, whites are the majority!!

So, if we are going to 'come back' please do so with accuracy, otherwise CONFUSION and FALACY will reign.

Thanks.

I support Seveth Floor!

Lets stop the MISINFORMATION!!

Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Rego Park and Forest Hills in Queens have many Russian speakers who came from the former USSR.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Dude, you MUST refrain from feeding the Trolls, but mostly PLEASE be fully accurate!!! Transplants exist in about twice the Queens neighborhoods; and it is NOT proximity that is the determining factor, but the amalgamation of COST, Safety, and housing quality.

Additionally, both Queens and Brooklyn have a significant portion of Natives both black, hispanic, (oft overlooked) asian and WHITE!! Of middle class natives, whites are the majority!!

So, if we are going to 'come back' please do so with accuracy, otherwise CONFUSION and FALACY will reign.

Thanks.

I support Seveth Floor!

Lets stop the MISINFORMATION!!
What did I say that was inaccurate? I just stated a few neighborhoods, why should I name every god damn freaking neighborhood in each borough where Native New Yorkers live? I do agree with the misinformation, lets not forget when you assumed a white transplant from cul de sac Portlandia robbed an Hispanic woman in her golden years of 15 dollars by snatching her handbag, it was just a typical hoodlum who is White and a local, no different from ghetto Black and poor uneducated Hispanic counterparts. Misinformation or disinfo should have ended a longtime ago.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
I read somewhere that Staten Island is actually the borough with the most natives....I believe I read it in the Encyclopedia of New York. And as most of us should know, majority of Staten Islanders are from Brooklyn so this makes sense.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City