Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 05:01 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times

Advertisements

Listen to 1010 radio this morning to hear the carefully orchestrated words on crime in New York City.
Murders and shootings are up but overall crime is down in nearly a decade. Like that's a good thing?

Opinion: I will never ever try to understand the how Democrats think. It's too crazy.
During the Giuliani and Bloomberg administration Murders and Shootings and
Crime was down in 20 years combined....... period.

Let's see you Sanctuary City Politicos try to wiggle your way out of this one!

Intelligent thoughts only please......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 06:04 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Listen to 1010 radio this morning to hear the carefully orchestrated words on crime in New York City.
Murders and shootings are up but overall crime is down in nearly a decade. Like that's a good thing?

Opinion: I will never ever try to understand the how Democrats think. It's too crazy.
During the Giuliani and Bloomberg administration Murders and Shootings and
Crime was down in 20 years combined....... period.

Let's see you Sanctuary City Politicos try to wiggle your way out of this one!

Intelligent thoughts only please......................
So you don't feel safe on the streets now? Stop fearmongering. Crime is still low. We live in a city and there will always be crime. Move to a rural area if you want zero crime. Or better question, how many shootings/murders a year constitute "safe" to you?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
I’m mostly with you. Nowadays the vast majority of shootings and murders are committed by and against a small group of people who bring it on themselves. For now, the days of random crimes affecting the non-criminal element are still very rare.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
NYC is a unique city. 8.2 million people of different backgrounds, religions, traditions, frame of minds, skin colors, prejudice, social class/status, etc. Then factor in the 100K of out of state people that commute here for work, then add the 60 million annual domestic and international tourists that come to visit here.

A city with all these factors will have crime.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
I'm much more afraid of being mugged or being run over by a car than being involved in a shooting. Shootings are rare, at least in my area and chances are extremely low of a law abiding citizen being caught up in one. Same goes for murders - how many of those are domestic violence situations? Murder is not just "wrong place, wrong time" - it's usually about wrong life, wrong choices.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 AM

425 posts, read 392,056 times
Looking at Compstat 2.0 it looks like it is almost a wash from last year. Actually shootings are up and murders are ever so slightly down. If anything people's aims are getting worse?

Crime free is never a realistic goal. I get that people want to see it keep going down, but if it is statically within a range that could be considered neutral and the city feels safe, is it that bad?

What we don't want to see is policies put in place (like some already are) that will negatively impact the police able to do their jobs effectively. Why needlessly suffer an increase in crime because of politics and the goal of becoming softer. There will always be elements that find criminal paths to making money or getting what they want as the easiest solution. The cities ability to address those elements should not be impeded.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’m mostly with you. Nowadays the vast majority of shootings and murders are committed by and against a small group of people who bring it on themselves. For now, the days of random crimes affecting the non-criminal element are still very rare.
I remember those days vividly

Old 10-08-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I'm much more afraid of being mugged or being run over by a car than being involved in a shooting. Shootings are rare, at least in my area and chances are extremely low of a law abiding citizen being caught up in one. Same goes for murders - how many of those are domestic violence situations? Murder is not just "wrong place, wrong time" - it's usually about wrong life, wrong choices.
Good point about murders due to domestic violence, wonder how many murders this year in NYC were because of domestic violence.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:02 AM

And Mr. Retired, you live in a neighborhood where there's barely any shootings or murders. Why is this on your brain?

Old 10-08-2019, 07:42 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So you don't feel safe on the streets now? Stop fearmongering. Crime is still low. We live in a city and there will always be crime. Move to a rural area if you want zero crime. Or better question, how many shootings/murders a year constitute "safe" to you?
Excerpt:
So you don't feel safe on the streets now?
Never said anything about not feeling safe?
I am the last person worried about taking care of himself.

Fearmongering? Me?
Tune your radio to 1010 wins.
They have been reporting this topic all morning long.
Murders and Shootings are up but Crime is down?
Make sense of that....Sanctuarians? I am sure they do
as the minority Republicans and Conservatives in this city don't..........

Crime is still low?
Compared to?........................I hear crickets........
The Democrats Restaurant has an unhealthy way of picking out healthy goodness.
They prefer to churn a pile of dog crap to sort out that one slice of undigested
carrot, put it on a plate and present it to you as a good thing?

We live in a city and there will always be crime?
Never said there wouldn't be in this post but I do believe we
can return to those days of better crime statistics than the current
DeBlasio Administration is handing us. Return to stop and frisk has
always been diplomacy to keep the miscreants of this city in check.

Move to a rural area if you want zero crime?
According to the Crime Report for May 2018....Violent Crime in rural areas
have risen above the national average. According to the Annals of of Emergency Medicine
larger cities are significantly safer than rural areas as both violent crime and accidents are 20%
higher in the countryside than in larger urban areas. Country bumpkins don't have it that easy................

Or better question, how many shootings/murders a year constitute "safe" to you?
Answer: Zero constitutes safe. Any gambler would say that's a sure bet.

Opinion:
Every person has a different view point of the world because of their differences.
With the freedom of choice one can choose to live amid refuse or pristine and placidness.
As a New Yorker I find that Crime should be called out for what it is........Unwanted! and
any sugar coating of it is an affront to all people who want a better and safer life in what is
supposed to be the greatest city on Earth............nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: