Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,739 times

Advertisements

How do I choose which neighbourhood do I want to live in? Money's not that much of a problem-I don't need to look for the cheapest solution but I wouldn't go for luxury either. I have a problem with choosing the right one for me, where would I like it. So, how do I choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 8 days ago)

43,444 posts, read 44,156,996 times
Most people consider their budget and then the type of neighborhood which depends on one's interests (meaning family oriented, commuting times, nightlife or not, etc.).

Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,066,696 times
The only way to get advice on this board about this type of things is to actually define (dollar amount) how much you can pay per month for a particular sized apartment.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,611,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The only way to get advice on this board about this type of things is to actually define (dollar amount) how much you can pay per month for a particular sized apartment.
There should be a sticky or something telling people all of the information they will need to provide if they want any useful advice. There are so many threads like this one.

It is especially unhelpful when people say "money is not important." Really? $50,000/mo. 5th Ave. penthouse it is, then!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,739 times
Well I could pay up to 4000$ a month,not more. Though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that much as I don't need a big space- one room apartment is just fine. So yeah, one room apartment. Not too expensive,no luxury so I think it won't be 4000$? :O
I would like something with young people, where it's fun,energetic, lively. Not family oriented,calm, or boring.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM

5,515 posts, read 8,728,677 times
First thing to look at is your budget-- which will get you at least a one bedrom virtually anywhere in NYC. Second thing is the commute you will have to work. Where will you be going every day? Or do you work from home? Then look at neighborhood retailing. Nice neighborhoods arent so nice if you can't find a decent grocery store, pharmacy, dry cleaners, coffee shop, etc neary. Then everyhting else--the lifestyle you want and nearness to any particular entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City