U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM

8,747 posts, read 17,633,680 times

Advertisements

The city is moving displaced residents from the area to available housing in the Southern Bronx and Harlem neighborhoods according to the WSJ and a NYPost article. I figured this would be the case.

Deal on Sandy Housing - WSJ.com

"We need to get people in homes, as opposed to hotel rooms," said Ron Moelis, a principal at L+M Development Partners. Mr. Moelis said he will offer about 170 units in his buildings primarily in northern Manhattan and the South Bronx."

Interestingly, L&M Development Partners has developed major market rate and affordable housing properties in the Southern Bronx and Harlem which are actually quite nice, and continue to do so:

New Developments

I wonder what will be the reaction of people being dropped into these communities overwhelmingly of color???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM

2,895 posts, read 5,669,036 times
From Breeze point or Sea gate?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM

8,747 posts, read 17,633,680 times
I think it is people from anywhere in NYC who were displaced, so theoretically Financial District/Downtown Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn, etc, so that would include Breezy Point and Sea Gate, although I think those last 2 would rather sleep on the streets in Breezy Point than an apt in the Southern Bronx, even if it's just for a few weeks.(but that's just my opinion).

Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm sure the good people of Breezy and Sea gate, wouldn't mind sharing a neighborhood with blacks and hispanics up in the 'Southern' Bronx.
Maybe they'll make Mott haven private too!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 AM

8,012 posts, read 10,812,384 times
that's what happens when you hit rock bottom.

you get to join the people who were already there.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM

4,988 posts, read 7,860,052 times
Wow! Is this already gonna turn into a witty thread about the evil white devils from breezy?! Maybe they'll bring their nazi memorabilia AMIRITE GUYZ?!?!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 AM

16,217 posts, read 21,776,667 times
I knew this would happen. In mott haven plenty of apartment in the pjs.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM

16,217 posts, read 21,776,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The city is moving displaced residents from the area to available housing in the Southern Bronx and Harlem neighborhoods according to the WSJ and a NYPost article. I figured this would be the case.

Deal on Sandy Housing - WSJ.com

"We need to get people in homes, as opposed to hotel rooms," said Ron Moelis, a principal at L+M Development Partners. Mr. Moelis said he will offer about 170 units in his buildings primarily in northern Manhattan and the South Bronx."

Interestingly, L&M Development Partners has developed major market rate and affordable housing properties in the Southern Bronx and Harlem which are actually quite nice, and continue to do so:

New Developments

I wonder what will be the reaction of people being dropped into these communities overwhelmingly of color???
Do you have the link to daily news or post article?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 AM

The nice people from breeze and sea gate will be thrilled to share buildings, streets, stores and more with colored people. I'm sure they are looking foward to being closer to Manhattan and embracing the diversity of a working class neighborhood like the ones you find in the 'southern' Bronx.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM

8,012 posts, read 10,812,384 times
they're going to have to learn how
to put up with mediocre people that
they most likely considered beneath
them.

they might as well keep a positive attitude
about it tho. that way people won't get hurt.

lots of people are already frustrated, so no
use letting it drive them crazy or crazier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City