Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
"I see white people" sticker spotted in gentrifying BK LOL
That's so NYC
When you see that sticker, it's time to RUN!

Pasty white people are overrrated and sneakily ruining one American town after another.

Just look at who the leaders/instigators are in the damnation of Bon Temps, Louisiana and Forks, Washington.

Think about it. Seriously. Pasty white people with their hereditary pointy teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM

41 posts, read 94,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I don't know about the accent, but you might develop a NY attitude!
That..would be..HELLA LEGIT!!! lol "EHHHHEY! I'm WALKIN 'ERE!!!" haha! Cannot wait!

Quote:
"I see white people" sticker spotted in gentrifying BK LOL
That's so NYC
HAHA! Brooklyn looks like it's going to be real fun!!

Quote:
When you see that sticker, it's time to RUN!

Pasty white people are overrrated and sneakily ruining one American town after another.

Just look at who the leaders/instigators are in the damnation of Bon Temps, Louisiana and Forks, Washington.

Think about it. Seriously. Pasty white people with their hereditary pointy teeth.
Um..I like white people lol.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I wish you the best in finding like a job that will like pay you more than like minimum wage.
It always amazes me how people make such off assumptions about posters

Did you, like, even bother to look at any of my previous posts before commenting? LOL!!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
It always amazes me how people make such off assumptions about posters

Did you, like, even bother to look at any of my previous posts before commenting? LOL!!
And ruin his chance to post a snarky one-liner? Not on your life!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM

41 posts, read 94,382 times
Quote:
And ruin his chance to post a snarky one-liner? Not on your life!
HAHAHAHA! Oh you New Yorkers! Y'all are funnier than a cow eating goat cream cheese!! (Yeah..that was my southern side coming out..don't judge me! I still have street cred!) lol

Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM

30 posts, read 43,289 times
If your gonna work in these areas then you might as well look into living in East New York. Your comute will be shorter but not a safe place to be.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,211 times
I read through most of the thread out of boredom- OP I would definitely suggest you go with the place in BedStuy- though you said you were moving late January so I can only assume you've already decided. If you have a free place there is no point in not taking it especially when your price range will only get into a similar neighborhood.

Everyone has their own definition of 'safe'..the truth is most of the areas that people like to say aren't 'safe' are really fine as long as you keep your head down and dont get involved in anything you shouldnt be involved in. I live right across the street from some projects that everyone on this board likes to claim are incredibly dangerous. Truth is there are shootings and robberies and what not, but it's mostly within the people who live in the projects and have their drug connections and what not. I had one friend who was robbed for his wallet and iphone a few years ago in the subway station on the corner, but he was drunk with his cell phone in his hands listening to music and paying no attention to his surroundings. Some thug kid punched him in the face took his phone and ran. That could happen anywhere. As long as you have the street smarts you will be fine.

As far as driving in snow goes, you should be fine in the city. I don't think we are going to get a ton of snow at any point this winter. Chains on the tires are used for traction but you wont need them here- in the worst snow the buses might have them on but I think thats mostly because of the fiasco that they had in the blizzard of 2010 where nearly every MTA bus there is got stuck. This gothamist thread has some fun pics of that mess.

Surprise! Stuck Buses Sprinkle The Streets: Gothamist

The real challenge to NYC in the snow is any car parked on the street will be buried by snow plows repeatedly. Not a fun game to play.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Actually Linden Boulevard is probably one of the safest parts of Brownsville. If it's the building i'm thinking of, it's a really tall one on Amboy Street, right near Brookdale Hospital. However, the neighborhood deteriorates really quickly north of Brookdale Hospital.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 559 times
If anyone on here is moving in the New York City area and needs a moving company, contact Lonestar Moving LLC. they are affordable, reliable, professional and pay referral fees as well.....
[url=http://www.lonestarmoving.org]Free Moving Quotes | Long Island Moving Company | Best Queens Movers | New York Movers |[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: