Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM

71 posts, read 152,453 times

Advertisements

lol this SuperMario guy is such a typical stereotypical brainwashed Dominican. It burns his soul that he has African heritage

Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,373,840 times
a lot of people have black features.

maybe they had some black ancestors,
and that's a good thing, if ya ask me.

what's the use denying it? you can still keep
your national identity without lying about
your background. problem is, some of you
don't even know it, because your family and
country hid it from you all this time.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 AM

448 posts, read 683,999 times
I want one to speak Spanish to me while we're making mixed babies.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,894,701 times
I’m appalled at the blatant racism displayed by some people on this thread.
These guys claim South American Hispanics are more racist than Caribbean Hispanics, yet they have shown nothing but the opposite on here.
I’m a Hispanic guy (of Chilean background) and I personally like all types of women, including black women. There’s beauty in all races and colors, no matter what some narrow-minded people say.
When I first moved to NYC as a student, my first NY date was with a gorgeous black girl from Laurelton. She was fun, smart and had a tight curvy body that turned heads anywhere we went. I gotta admit it wasn't comfortable to walk around in predominantly black neighborhoods with a black babe on your arm. We would get some unsavory comments everytime we passed a group of black dudes hanging out on the corner. But ultimately I didn't care, I knew that their resentful comments were the result of jealousy, and the thought that a pasty latino like me, would be banging such a fine black girl at night.
If it wasn’t for the constant (racist) animosity I was getting from her brothers and her departure to Cali for school, I would probably still be with her.
After her I dated only one other black girl. Not as smart or fun, but very pretty nonetheless.
I haven't met any other ever since, but certainly not due to lack of trying.

Fine black girls are hard to get these days, there's a hell lot of competition from White dudes... It's way easier to get a white chick, IMO.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 PM

278 posts, read 1,517,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
These guys claim South American Hispanics are more racist than Caribbean Hispanics, yet they have shown nothing but the opposite on here.
I’m a Hispanic guy (of Chilean background) and I personally like all types of women, including black women. There’s beauty in all races and colors, no matter what some narrow-minded people say.
When I first moved to NYC as a student, my first NY date was with a gorgeous black girl from Laurelton. She was fun, smart and had a tight curvy body that turned heads anywhere we went. I gotta admit it wasn't comfortable to walk around in predominantly black neighborhoods with a black babe on your arm. We would get some unsavory comments everytime we passed a group of black dudes hanging out on the corner. But ultimately I didn't care, I knew that their resentful comments were the result of jealousy, and the thought that a pasty latino like me, would be banging such a fine black girl at night.
If it wasn’t for the constant (racist) animosity I was getting from her brothers and her departure to Cali for school, I would probably still be with her.
After her I dated only one other black girl. Not as smart or fun, but very pretty nonetheless.

Fine black girls are hard to get these days, there's a hell lot of competition from White dudes, seriously... It's way easier to get a white chick, IMO.
Thank you for posting

Old 12-14-2012, 02:25 PM

211 posts, read 564,318 times
Plenty of Hispanics date black Americans! There are many Hispanics with some amount of African blood! I'm Cuban, but I look Italian. I'd date a black woman. I'll date anyone as long as they're educated and fun to be around! Cubans, Hispanics in general, aren't as racist as people claim.

But I don't see why the Dominicans on here act like all black Dominicans are of Haitian descent. Just like Cuba/PR/Brasil etc, you guys got slaves. They didn't all mix!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM

180 posts, read 334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post

Fine black girls are hard to get these days, there's a hell lot of competition from White dudes... It's way easier to get a white chick, IMO.

Take it easy, C..

Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,497,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Hey Mr. Afrocentrist. Tell me more about my country. :-)

First, you do know that there are 2,000,000 Haitians in the DR right? That's 20% of the population you see look like this:

Now, those Haitians have been coming for centuries. So what happens? They produce off spring. Usually with another Haitian, and sometimes with a Dominican. So we get people who speak DR spanish, born and raised in DR, like this:

or

Haitian descendants make up millions and millions of Dominicans. So now we have a mayority or plurality of really black looking people. Ok. To people like you, that represents Dominicans. Dominican diversity is in tune with the genetics of Haitians.

All the resorts, are full of those people. We had heavy west Indian and African American migration back in the 1800's too, so these people make up the mayority of the east and Samana peninsula.

Go to the north, where Haitian migration was is lower than in any other part of the country, and which have been home to original Dominicans for years, without any outside genetic input.

Oh and here is the capital city of Santo Domingo. Wow look at how black these people are.

11 de noviembre contra la Corrupción de los Perros Malditos - YouTube

That is why we (true Dominicans) have black and white input. We are predominantly white. PR.

You sound like a Trujillo bigot and a caricature of what some people view as a self hating Dominican. So what if you are majority white. FACT. MOST DOMINICANS are NOT, and certainly not in Sto Domingo. I have been there, and I went there in the early 80s before the more recent very heavy Haitian migration, so it will look even "blacker" now than it did then.

Your history lesson is BS because you are saying that your kids will never be TRUE Americans because they didnt land on Plymouth Rock, nor did they "welcome" those who did.

If the descendants of earlier waves of Haitians now define what a Dominican looks like then whats your point? If they are 2 or more generations Dominican (in other words their closest Haitian family member is a grandparent) then regardless as to what the laws of the DR might claim, or what most Dominicans themselves might think, they are DOMINICAN, so ought to be included in any definition about what Dominicans look like. This especially as many miscegenate with other Dominicans, creating a group of people who will not meet any definition of what a Haitian is.

The West Indian and AA migration was not that significant. Come on how many people coild have migrated from tiny islands like St Kitts, Tortola, St Thomas, or St Maarten? Historical accounts show that by the mid 19th century the MAJORITY of Dominicans were not white. This BEFORE the waves of black migration.

Supermario I know that it is your intent to show that Domiicans look like Colombians from Bogota, so you can maintain that "Indio" myth. Funny that "indio" (which does not necessarily imply African ancestry and is most often used to suggest Amerindian), and not "mulatto" is most often used in the DR as mulato implies some obvious African ancestry.

Supermario there has been much written by Dominican intellectuals about the attempt to minimize the African influence within the DR. Something that you are very adept at. Try "Black Behind the Ears" by Ginetta Candelario for a full analysis. While you might accuse Silvio Torres Saillant of being Afrocentric I very much doubt that you can level that accusation at Candelario, nor can you level that at Frank Moya Pons who say the samething. And note that NONE of these suggest that Dominicans must adopt a similar definition of "blackness" that AAs do, so do not go there.

Even your pictures shows many black people, or at least people with VERY visible African ancestry (I am not going to get into a debate with you about the point at which some one becomes "black").

And yes these arent Haitians because they do not look like the pics of haitians that you show.

Not interested in a group picture given that people with given sociel networks and social status will hang together. I am sure you can find some a group of folks who will meet any one's definition about who is and who isnt white.

A question for you though. Why are you so assaulted by the notion that many in Sto Domingo (maybe as many as 30-40%) will meet an eye ball test of "black", i.e. not looking much different from your average black American?

Every time some one suggests that most Dominicans do not look like mestizos from Colombia or Costa Rica you go ballistic, at times even becoming borderline racist. So if Rihanna can fit comfortably into a crowd in Sta Domingo, so what? I suspect if you extend "blackness" to include her maybe most in Sto Domingo will be "black". In the USA she is a black woman, so included in any conversation about whether Latin men like or dislike AA females.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
SuperMario, did you have yourself DNA tested?

He must have been truly upset to be only 7% native and as much as 30% African. Would not be surprised if he calls himself "Indio" though, and not mulato.

SM in Spain they do not consider Dominicans "mainly white". Indeed there have been reported racist attacks against them.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
LOL, SuperMario's getting furious. Honestly, if Hatian immigrants came to the D.R in the 1800s, they are no longer Hatians, they're Dominicans. Are Spaniards that came to the DR in the 1600s still Spaniards? No, they're Domicans.

This is a ploy by Trujillo supporters to claim that Dominicans are near whites, and not a group with heavy amounts of African ancestors within their family tree.

SM are you from the Cibao region? I was told when I was in the DR by a dark skinned Dominican that many of you guys are seriously color struck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City