Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times

Advertisements

^ lol what difference does it make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
What is this....

The Pasty nerd fks lament...their wimpness thread?

Me, I never squeeze and won't be squeezed!

I just stand over the punk, look 'em straight in the eye, and in my best Brooklyn bred voice, nice and soft: "Get the F up!"

Gotta say the F word in the Brooklyn 'double slurred syllable' manner. Emphasis on the "K".

Sometimes, all you gotta do is give the "Eye".

I LOVE intimidating Transplants!! A distinct pleasure....

And then the people already sitting there laugh at your infantile, self-entitled attitude, and the one you're trying to intimidate says, "Eeew! Step back with your smelly self! I got news for ya, bro, soap and water is still cheap!" You scurry away, sniffing yourself and trying to remember when the last time you actually bathed was. Then a little old church lady taps you on the shoulder and hands you a bible tract and thirty-six cents and says, "Have a blessed day!"

Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ lol what difference does it make?
I'm a male and was bored when posting last night lol.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
I never, ever make room when some giant piece of human livestock tries to squeeze in next to me on the subway.

I find that men usually try to spread their legs wide open when they sit down, but I stand my ground and don't allow them to push me aside. There was one time though, that I wasn't paying attention and let the guy beside me inch his legs further and further apart until I was almost sitting sideways. I didn't give him any warning before I reclaimed my space.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,809,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
And then the people already sitting there laugh at your infantile, self-entitled attitude, and the one you're trying to intimidate says, "Eeew! Step back with your smelly self! I got news for ya, bro, soap and water is still cheap!" You scurry away, sniffing yourself and trying to remember when the last time you actually bathed was. Then a little old church lady taps you on the shoulder and hands you a bible tract and thirty-six cents and says, "Have a blessed day!"
What does a Long Island Transplant know about nothing....

If I smelt that bad, it w/b so easy. I wouldn't just get a seat, but I'd get a whole car to myself!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM

212 posts, read 1,003,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
I find that men usually try to spread their legs wide open when they sit down, but I stand my ground and don't allow them to push me aside.
YES! Fellas, why do you do that? We all know your balls aren't that big.

Also, Doobage, how are you able to stand your ground? I try, but hate the feeling of a stranger pressed against me. Yuck!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:48 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
it can't be as bad as the slaves felt on those crowded ships.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_contrary View Post
YES! Fellas, why do you do that? We all know your balls aren't that big.

Also, Doobage, how are you able to stand your ground? I try, but hate the feeling of a stranger pressed against me. Yuck!
I tense my leg muscles much as I can and plant my feet so that I can't be shoved easily out of the space I was in. Or I jut an elbow out or something else (weatherman said it was raining but it isn't? put that umbrella to use ) to "force" that physically imposing person to give me my personal space. If I'm carrying a bag, I'll wedge it in between us and make no apologies. I've gotten more than one offended look after doing that, with men who were reaching into a pant pocket that just happened to be right against my thigh. Suddenly whatever they were reaching for wasn't so urgently needed anymore! I don't care.

I don't mind strangers pressed up against me, this is the land of crowded subways anyway. But it's crystal clear when someone is imposing on your space intentionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City