Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
wasn't the guy funneling all the illegal money to clinton chinese? I don't think you have a good grip on the issue
Huh? What does that have do with anything? I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:24 PM

842 posts, read 4,308,962 times
This thread is becoming useless and borderline offensive. Let's get off the topic of race please.

There's only one race..

Old 12-04-2007, 12:26 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
This thread is becoming useless and borderline offensive. Let's get off the topic of race please.
And back to the Decline of the Bronx!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And back to the Decline of the Bronx!
LMAO

God knows we haven't strangled that topic to death...

Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,522 times
Default doesn't hurt

a little race discussion doesn't hurt. it just happens to be something people are very emotional about.

You get the no holds barred version of what people really think.

Anyway so who is buying any of the "luxury" condos in mott haven?

Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times
Default Yes, lets

Since I'm the one that started the thread, its taken its twists and turns, very interesting..........and yes, interesting to what other people think about The Bronx, I thought for awhile that The Bronx could and would come back, but now that I've read most of the replies, I'm not so sure. Regardless of the outcome, I will and still have my memories, all good of what once was.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 PM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
a little race discussion doesn't hurt. it just happens to be something people are very emotional about.

You get the no holds barred version of what people really think.

Anyway so who is buying any of the "luxury" condos in mott haven?
i'll take nobody for $200 alex

Old 12-04-2007, 03:22 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
i'll take nobody for $200 alex
lol apparently people are buying.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 PM

155 posts, read 457,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Since I'm the one that started the thread, its taken its twists and turns, very interesting..........and yes, interesting to what other people think about The Bronx, I thought for awhile that The Bronx could and would come back, but now that I've read most of the replies, I'm not so sure. Regardless of the outcome, I will and still have my memories, all good of what once was.
History tends to repeat itself. The uniqueness of the Bronx was that it was considered to be uptown. When I was living on Fordham Road and Grand, we never said we were going to the city but said we were going downtown. Brooklyn is its own city, SI was SI and Queens was a place to burry your dead. The original development of the Bronx was part of the push north from Manhattan. Harlem is now becoming trendy and it will only be a matter of time that trend will once again push north into the Bronx. Its somewhat started south of Yankee stadium where it’s zoned as an art district. Although its currently a slum, I still think the Bronx is beautiful from a geographical perspective with its parks, history, lay of the land and lots of water views that will someday make a great trendy gated community. The NYC population will continue to grow and people will want to live close to the city. We see that today downtown and in Battery Park city where you see the moms and baby carriages roaming around since many wealthy families don’t want the suburbs that comes with the long commute. The west Village is now a family place. I predict this trend will continue north to the Bronx but maybe not in our lifetime. And who knows, maybe in 50 years or so, some kid will find an old baby carriage and make an awesome go-cart out of it and fly down one of those hilly streets as we had done or find a group of 10 or 20 kids running around playing a massive game of ring the leerio. At that point of time, Bronx would have made a full circle. Regards to all…

Last edited by circa62; 12-04-2007 at 08:48 PM..

Old 12-05-2007, 08:11 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,002,178 times
Interesting point Circa...but I believe the changes are accelerating as I have seen them for myself....just in the past year alone the changes are dramatic...and more dramatic changes are coming in the next 2 years. So although the Bronx will not be ready for primetime in 6 months...I think the changes in NYC (demographic changes, cost of living, etc) in the next 3-5 years will take the borough to the next level and make it far more appealing and livable place than it has been in the last 35 years.

The Bronx will be the INCLUSIONARY borough...where there is room for everyone..rich and poor...and especially the middle....whereas the rest of the city works hard at being EXLCUSIONARY. The value of the inclusionary mentaility, affordability, and proximity to the city, are what will set it apart and in fact make it a choice destination for manhattan transplants, kids right out of school, those with large families, the working/middle class, and those just beginning their lives and looking to "make it" in NYC. There is room for everyone here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City