Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM

103 posts, read 136,130 times

Advertisements

About 10 years ago I went through an EZ Pass lane on GWB without having EZ Pass. I actually e-mailed the Port authority as soon as I got into Manhattan and gave them all my info so I could pay the toll and fine.Still waiting for them to get back to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM

273 posts, read 562,293 times
Marilyn, i am actually living in NC now so not sure if i would get a courthouse notice or not. I was just traveling through for the holiday season. I will try the courthouse and talk to the judge though if it actually gets to that.

Bruce that is funny. I am not sure if i want to call attention to myself with a letter just yet

Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,809,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Moving thread to the NYC forum, since those folks should know the answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Moving thread to the NYC forum, since those folks should know the answer.
Did the poster say the toll was in NYS or NYC?

I presume it to be NJ, what "small" toll is there in NYC?

Once over the bridge or tunnels, I can't think of a single toll on the way to LI?

Grand Central, BQE, LIE, Northern State, Southern State, Cross Island, no tolls!

Jersey Turnpike, etc. Toll roads!!

I've never seen in NYC/NYS in and around NYC a toll plaza w/o a mile long cash line! Now that I think of it "exact change" is ahh passe! It's either EZ pass or cash.

Anyone else NOT notice "exact change"???

Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 PM

I cannot recall exactly where the toll was. I know we took the Garden State Parkway to I-80, then across the GW Bridge, Cross Bronx expressway to the LIE(495). It may have been one of the NJ tolls. I was following my brother-in-law the whole time and could not tell if it was NJ or NY. But it must have been in NJ right near the GW Bridge.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbny2076 View Post
Garden State Parkway to I-80, then across the GW Bridge ... one of the NJ tolls.
Garden State Parkway northbound, Exit 159 to I-80 East towards GWB, is the only toll. On the video, at 3:45, where the red car exits on the right:

Garden State Parkway (Exits 155 to 168) northbound - YouTube

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM

That may have been it. I know that it was a tiny toll station. One E-Z pass lane on the left, Cash Receipts in the middle and exact change on the right. After looking at google maps it was the toll off Garden State Pkwy onto I-80
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City