Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:37 PM

47 posts, read 70,461 times

Advertisements

In my experience, if you talk to your noisy neighbors, it will cause the situation to be much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,925 times
Default Noisy minorities

All those noisy people can go **** themselves .... It's not just Hispanics , but ******s too. They are the worst. Then also we have the families with more children than they can handle and on top of that, they're on ****ing welfare or section 8. Where are the nice neighborhoods going ????!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 AM

725 posts, read 799,799 times
Default A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker34 View Post
Little update:

I spoke with the super after 5+ hours of loud noise. He told me to knock on their door and ask nicely to lower the music. He said if it continues to go back and he'll call the police. He seemed to say something along the lines of the tennants here know to keep the noise down. The guy upstairs was nice about it and he has turned it down. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight and every night and have some peace. I signed a year lease but am seriously considering moving again further north into the suburbs once I get my car in a few months. Perhaps I can find someone to sublet this place. It's not bad, but I absolutely CANNOT live with noise at night. I need my peace and quiet.

I suppose it's a good sign that the supper seemed to be genuinely on my side and serious about the police thing.

Any other thoughts would be great. Anyone think I'll have a hard time with the whole sublet thing?

Try Riverdale. Just north of Manhattan with metro north, express bus and subway near. It is usually very quiet.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:16 AM

725 posts, read 799,799 times
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
Hispanics are very koud people. I have lived below two hispanic families...never again!!!

For me it is when they walk in the hallways. I live right next to the elevators and every single day there are two families who speak spanish babbling on at 7 in the morning and sometimes 1am at night when they come home. Very loud people. I am a Spaniard but these spanish speakers are non Spaniard Latinos. Same thing goes with noise from the lawn area. Very loud families.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:22 AM

145 posts, read 272,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker34 View Post
Little update:

I spoke with the super after 5+ hours of loud noise. He told me to knock on their door and ask nicely to lower the music. He said if it continues to go back and he'll call the police. He seemed to say something along the lines of the tennants here know to keep the noise down. The guy upstairs was nice about it and he has turned it down. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight and every night and have some peace. I signed a year lease but am seriously considering moving again further north into the suburbs once I get my car in a few months. Perhaps I can find someone to sublet this place. It's not bad, but I absolutely CANNOT live with noise at night. I need my peace and quiet.

I suppose it's a good sign that the supper seemed to be genuinely on my side and serious about the police thing.

Any other thoughts would be great. Anyone think I'll have a hard time with the whole sublet thing?
What kind of sick, sad state has the world come to when people will talk to their landlords, the police, and strangers on the internet before they will talk to their neighbors???

And on another note, if quiet and tranquility are such priorities to you, why in the world would you move to the largest city in the US?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:19 AM

30,462 posts, read 17,888,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hater1976 View Post
All those noisy people can go **** themselves .... It's not just Hispanics , but ******s too. They are the worst. Then also we have the families with more children than they can handle and on top of that, they're on ****ing welfare or section 8. Where are the nice neighborhoods going ????!!!
Your response is sad. One can easily address societal problems without being blatantly racist. But here's a word of advice. If you don't want to live around minorities, then don't. No one is forcing you to do so, to move into minority majority neighborhoods.

As to the OP: I say call the cops. You don't have to give your name when you call (hell, you don't even have to tell them that you live directly below the apartment). If they persist, continue with your calls. The noisemakers will be fined and, if they fail to pay the fines, jailed. Maybe they'll take the hint and move elsewhere where that more noise is tolerated. But no one should have to live like that.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 AM

857 posts, read 1,193,582 times
move to a hipster neighborhood or a neighborhood full of uptight yuppies......youll never have that problem again I promise...

Old 08-29-2014, 02:47 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,688,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
move to a hipster neighborhood or a neighborhood full of uptight yuppies......youll never have that problem again i promise...
lmao.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:54 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,386,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
move to a hipster neighborhood or a neighborhood full of uptight yuppies......youll never have that problem again I promise...
Very True about yuppie neighborhoods but debatable when it comes to hipsters. I lived in the East Village for a few years and it was a nightmare if you wanted to go to bed before 3am.

The yuppie thing is 100% true. I am a bohemian surrounded by yuppies but I love it from a noise perspective. Nobody bothers me and I don't bother them. The downside is people are cold and there is no neighborly vibe. I prefer the quiet over having friends to be honest.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,415 times
I live in an independent and Assisted living facilily and there is a man here who enjoys making noise and yelying. Sometimes his noise level gives the other residents headaches. Is it true that I can't call the police til after 10 because he has a free speech protection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City