Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM

84 posts, read 244,338 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to spam, but I was just wondering if you guys use the internet to order food.
I just started and I like it.

Here's the best part, if you're first-time customer, you can get $7 off of your first order.
It's got to be minimum $15, but with the discount you're effectively paying only $8.

http://seamless.extole.com/a/clk/4DGS5q

Enter promo code at checkout: Food7

You're welcome, and bon apetit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,987 times
Works!

Thanks buddy

Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
No, I haven't, and I don't plan to.

One disturbing aspect of the internet is that it cuts off human interaction, which I think is a serious downside.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
I've done it several times. It's super convenient, but I also just call sometimes because it's great to be a regular.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No, I haven't, and I don't plan to.

One disturbing aspect of the internet is that it cuts off human interaction, which I think is a serious downside.
Ordering food over the phone or to take out is not what I precisely consider a highly meaningful interaction.

I actually like online food ordering. Many times when I call for delivery, the person on the other line speaks poor english, can't understand it very well, makes mistakes with my order, address or phone number.
Online food ordering when it's me who types all the relevant information reduces the need for frustrating interactions

Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,958 times
I've used GrubHub and Eat24 in the past. However the downside is you're limited by the only the restaurants that participate with the site.

Last time I used Menupages instead and found a lot more places I wasn't aware of that deliver to me and called directly.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM

80 posts, read 308,303 times
I like it mostly because you can order using a credit card. I rarely carry cash and don't particularly want to give my credit card number to restaurants over the phone.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM

33 posts, read 188,674 times
After watching "The Net" back in the 90's I always wanted to do it. The only 2 places that allow online ordering here where I live in the bronx is Dominos, Papa Johns" I wouldn't mind having other places to order from is easy and comvinient for me.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyc View Post
After watching "The Net" back in the 90's I always wanted to do it. The only 2 places that allow online ordering here where I live in the bronx is Dominos, Papa Johns" I wouldn't mind having other places to order from is easy and comvinient for me.
Those restaurants chains allow online ordering directly through their websites. Seamless, Grubhub and others act as a middleman. They digitize the menu, take the order, get paid and send it to the restaurant.
I imgine the restaurants must have a system to receive the orders. Fax, email, an app or a dedicated device can do the trick.
I think this is the way of the future. People will just have to adapt.

These services are always offering incentives as the one shown by the OP so that's another plus.
A lot of restaurants don't have websites capable of taking online orders, so these middlemen fill the void, and organize restaurants that deliver to your address. You'd be surprised to see how many are listed.
Many small mom and pop restaurants receive orders that otherwise they wouldn't get without this exposure

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM

594 posts, read 1,634,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyc View Post
I remember that scene, I always wanted to try it to. I've very rarely bought things online though, I just don't trust it. I don't even like using credit cards at all in the first place, I prefer to do all my business in cash only. I don't even like checks because to be honest I don't even trust banks...I know I'm paranoid, but I just don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City