U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM

21 posts, read 79,344 times

Advertisements

Hi! So I recently learned about the 80/20 housing lottery. I think I fall within the income guidelines, but I am self-employed. I know that for people with normal salaried jobs, the government only looks at your gross income. But for self-employed folks, documentation says that they consider "net business income." Does that mean AGI? Or past AGI, after business deductions? Have any freelancers been through this process? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormparade View Post
Hi! So I recently learned about the 80/20 housing lottery. I think I fall within the income guidelines, but I am self-employed. I know that for people with normal salaried jobs, the government only looks at your gross income. But for self-employed folks, documentation says that they consider "net business income." Does that mean AGI? Or past AGI, after business deductions? Have any freelancers been through this process? Thanks!
Anybody have any thoughts on this question? I'd love to know the answer too. Thanks!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM

7 posts, read 15,427 times
From my knowledge they take your 2-3 years self employment income (NET meaning the final amount AFTER your schedule C expenses) and averaqe it out. For all 1099s they'll need to see the the schedule Cs because they will also factor this avg amount of expenses to project your future annualized income. Also it must be self employment from conducting the same services/business for at least two years. For ex if you taught music lessons for one year then decided to be a real estate agent the next they wont consider it to combine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City