U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM

16,438 posts, read 10,606,679 times

Advertisements

I hate looking for parking around there always end up spending money on indoor as the meters are heavily patrolled by meter maids and the near the commons they boot your wheel which I believe is completely unlawful to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 12:21 PM
PPL

95 posts, read 131,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
No she's not crazy. She's just a newly-arrived Upper West Side snob who would hate any suburban-looking neighborhood.
since when there's snob in UWS??

Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 PM

251 posts, read 298,056 times
I live in Forest Hills (not the Gardens) but love biking around FH Gardens in the Spring and Fall! Its a great neighborhood to live in with plenty to do. And though the houses in the Gardens are pricey (start at 1.2 million), they are still cheaper then buying an apt in Manhattan.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM

2,853 posts, read 6,772,736 times
Another wonderful walk is along Park Lane South in Forest Park. Gorgeous homes.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 PM

581 posts, read 1,121,612 times
Granted that you can afford to, could any random person buy a house there? Or do you have to get board approved and all kind of hoops to jump through to purchase there?

Old 02-24-2014, 06:53 PM

10,780 posts, read 9,229,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
Granted that you can afford to, could any random person buy a house there? Or do you have to get board approved and all kind of hoops to jump through to purchase there?
No. Money should do it.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM

10,780 posts, read 9,229,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Another wonderful walk is along Park Lane South in Forest Park. Gorgeous homes.
Over there in Kew Gardens there is one block in particular that has some giant houses on some of the biggest single family lots in the city.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM

2,853 posts, read 6,772,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Over there in Kew Gardens there is one block in particular that has some giant houses on some of the biggest single family lots in the city.
I think the area I'm referring to is technically Richmond Hill. Gorgeous, amazing homes. Hard to believe it's in the city!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 PM

251 posts, read 298,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I don't think you need board approval to purchase. But there is a corporation that manages the Gardens: http://foresthillsgardens.org/faqs/. There are some yearly fees you have to pay to live there for maintenance of the streets and gardens. You also get access to the community club house which has a pool and tennis court.

There are some pre-war co-op buildings in the Gardens as well. For those, I am sure you need board approval.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM

681 posts, read 1,463,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv224 View Post
I don't think you need board approval to purchase. But there is a corporation that manages the Gardens: http://foresthillsgardens.org/faqs/. There are some yearly fees you have to pay to live there for maintenance of the streets and gardens. You also get access to the community club house which has a pool and tennis court.

There are some pre-war co-op buildings in the Gardens as well. For those, I am sure you need board approval.
This is true about the corporation that manages the gardens. Additionally they are strict and forbid homeowners from altering the appearance of their homes from its original design without board approval. With that being said, my buddy owns a home in the gardens and had to do some minor exterior repairs when that big tornado swept thru forest hills in 2010. On a couple of occasions he was approached by a garden board member and questioned about his repair work, which he had reassured them that he wasn't going to alter the appearance of the home, but restore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or