Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM

16 posts, read 34,603 times

Advertisements

Thought i would post what happened.
1-we did not get an apt, the income is right but there are only 2 apts available, both are taken, we are waitlisted.

2-it was really straightforward, not too friendly, but friendly-business-like, you go over the docs, give them the copies, keep originals. they look everything over, tabulate the #s, very straightforward. there are questions about drugs, extra people moving in, criminal record, extra hidden $$.

3-i learned a good lesson, that i will not repeat. my bills are all up to date--before i was lazy, even though i had the $$ i would pay twc & cell bill late--i have changed that already, and for the next at lottery, i know we will be perfect!

good luck! to all you apartment seekers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Sorry you missed out.
Geez with only two apartments in your range and both taken, seems hardly worth the trouble?
How may affordables were there in total?

Good luck next time.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 AM

988 posts, read 3,255,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Sorry you missed out.
Geez with only two apartments in your range and both taken, seems hardly worth the trouble?
How may affordables were there in total?

Good luck next time.
I actually live there as a Market Renter and it's a 80/20 building so 200 units at 20% is 40 affordable units.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM

right, we only missed out on the higher income apts. by a couple of thousand dollars, there might have been a couple there in that category. the lottery was from last april,we were wait listed from the original lottery drawing, so maybe some of those applicants did not work out. total 40 apts originally, 11 -2 bedrooms, plus 1 bedroom & studios...well at least we got the papers together, and we can be very prepared for the next time...all bills will be exactly on time, no more fooling around with the cable bill!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Curious so did she ask for copies to those bills?

Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM

Well she did ask about the utility bills and put them on the list she was making before our income was tallied. The list was for all missing docs-like original ss cards, letter from our child's school. I think it is a possibility that it could have been a problem, but now I am 100 percent going to pay the twc and sprint bills when I get them, just in case I am ever called again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City