Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 11:16 PM

14 posts, read 18,921 times

Advertisements

When is the next class start?.. thanks

Old 11-22-2015, 08:07 AM

344 posts, read 606,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1998 View Post
When is the next class start?.. thanks
Next class I believe is December 16th. We graduate on the 14th which is on a Monday so it makes sense for the new class to start on a Wednesday. We started on a Wednesday (6th of September)

Old 11-22-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
Next class I believe is December 16th. We graduate on the 14th which is on a Monday so it makes sense for the new class to start on a Wednesday. We started on a Wednesday (6th of September)
Thanks. What is your overall view of your training experience?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1998 View Post
Thanks. What is your overall view of your training experience?
I loved it. The instructors, you're fellow recruits, just everything in general. In the beginning, their strict with everyone so be sure to just pay attention and do what they ask of you. You wont do much when you first start, like the first 2 weeks unions, different insurance companies show up and tell you about benefits etc but choose wisely. You will start learning about the codes a few weeks after the benefit stuff is out of the way. When it comes to getting uniforms for the academy, DO NOT (trust me) do not buy from the vendor they recommend cause even though its cheap the uniform is cheap as well (you'll see if you buy it) so go to a good uniform vendor near where you live or anywhere else on the list. There's a certain one i go to now and i regret buying my stuff from the recommended vendor. The academy is paramilitary, so make sure to salute everyone on the 3rd floor, make way for people in uniform or anyone else that works there that are coming towards you or behind you. You will have roll call every morning, so make sure to have all you're equipment on you and you're uniform is neat, clean, pressed all that good stuff. Deportment cards, try to hold onto those as long as you can cause they can pull a card for pretty anything but as long as you're on point you'll be fine. DONT SIGN ANY CD'S!! Towards the end you will get to the good stuff trust me and also there's a midterm and a final you have to pass and thats all about the violations you will learn. You get HW as well but its easy once you get the hang of it. Overall, my time in the academy has been a great experience. You learn alot from all the instructors so pay attention to what they tell you. Its alot of useful information.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Thanks... very good info you give. Good luck to you and Congrats!

Old 11-30-2015, 06:59 AM

63 posts, read 98,928 times
They've started making calls for the next class already, first day is December 17th...good luck to everyone

Old 11-30-2015, 09:39 AM

111 posts, read 146,620 times
Alright guys, I got the call today at 10:00 am today to report to 1PP on Thursday Dec 17, its the first day of hire. keep you phones near by.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 AM

111 posts, read 146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acompres90 View Post
They've started making calls for the next class already, first day is December 17th...good luck to everyone
woops I didnt see your post lol.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 PM

327 posts, read 704,873 times
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
I loved it. The instructors, you're fellow recruits, just everything in general. In the beginning, their strict with everyone so be sure to just pay attention and do what they ask of you. You wont do much when you first start, like the first 2 weeks unions, different insurance companies show up and tell you about benefits etc but choose wisely. You will start learning about the codes a few weeks after the benefit stuff is out of the way. When it comes to getting uniforms for the academy, DO NOT (trust me) do not buy from the vendor they recommend cause even though its cheap the uniform is cheap as well (you'll see if you buy it) so go to a good uniform vendor near where you live or anywhere else on the list. There's a certain one i go to now and i regret buying my stuff from the recommended vendor. The academy is paramilitary, so make sure to salute everyone on the 3rd floor, make way for people in uniform or anyone else that works there that are coming towards you or behind you. You will have roll call every morning, so make sure to have all you're equipment on you and you're uniform is neat, clean, pressed all that good stuff. Deportment cards, try to hold onto those as long as you can cause they can pull a card for pretty anything but as long as you're on point you'll be fine. DONT SIGN ANY CD'S!! Towards the end you will get to the good stuff trust me and also there's a midterm and a final you have to pass and thats all about the violations you will learn. You get HW as well but its easy once you get the hang of it. Overall, my time in the academy has been a great experience. You learn alot from all the instructors so pay attention to what they tell you. Its alot of useful information.
What you mean don't sign any cd?if you get cd that's it and you don't wanna go to your command with cd

Old 12-01-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
What you mean don't sign any cd?if you get cd that's it and you don't wanna go to your command with cd
Thankfully i didn't get a CD during my time at the academy but some people did. Looks like lot of us are going to Manhattan though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City