Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM

446 posts, read 996,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I think because in NYC people want the best of the best so they are afraid to settle in case someone better comes along. In other places there are only so many people so you get whats good as soon as you can. Also most Ny-ers live here for their job/dream so getting married, having 2.5 kids, a dog, and house with a fence is not their priority.
This is really it in a nutshell. I'm guilty of it, too (although I'm still a bit young and have some time), but I see so many people who are afraid to settle. Everyone is holding out for their millionaire/supermodel/dream person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
:Yeah. More people are getting married later. I see lots of "grandpas" on canes walking their 7-year old kids to school.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yeah you probably need a gf or very least a lady friend who you can hang out with from time to time but also increases your sex appeal and desire from other women here, from my experience and observation women do tend to take notice and appreciate a guy when he is with a woman walking down the street. They are plenty of lonely people here in NYC, I should say single people in matter of fact. My advice to you is to probably find something you belonging too, be part of some sort of group, organization and or even subculture, look hipsters and ghetto people, those folks are always in relationships due to the fact they are part of a belonging, but once your a man on the outside people think you are weird. Another thing in this city everyone is looking to find something better, with so much people everyone assumes something is better out there, someone with more money, a career, more physically fit, bigger butt and boobs, better at sex, bigger penis, her family is well off, etc, sad but it is true, you will constantly find women here who are willing to trade up or men who are looking to upgrade and sometimes even downgrade and settle, and I have seen guys do this already. Try some sort of group or organization, dont do clubs or bars since its just guys looking to score and women who are only looking for guys with money or with attractive or both generally guys like this in NYC are already taken, also avoid speed dating events, online dating etc which is similar nightlife club bar dating scene, women looking guys with money or good looks and men looking to get laid at all means possible. Goodluck on your endeavors!

Last dont be a nice guy, emotional, and clingy, women wont out right admit it but they dont like stuff like that from guys.
I would say you can be nice but don't be too nice. But being emotional is a big no, one girl told me she dumped her boyfriend just before Christmas because he used to cry during sex and write her poems. Clinginess also a big no, women really hate that. Regular scheduled periods of physical and emotional distance is a good way to keep up her intrest.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I would say you can be nice but don't be too nice. But being emotional is a big no, one girl told me she dumped her boyfriend just before Christmas because he used to cry during sex and write her poems. Clinginess also a big no, women really hate that. Regular scheduled periods of physical and emotional distance is a good way to keep up her intrest.
That's game playing, though, and a certain point games are for kids.

If the person is right for you, you can definitely be nice. Perhaps the girl who dumped her loving boyfriend was the one with the problem, not the boyfriend?

Perhaps she isn't a girl you would like to be with long term?

You really want to be with people who will be there for you in your time of need. If someone is going to decide they feel like being distant when your life falls part, why in gods name would you even speak to that person?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's game playing, though, and a certain point games are for kids.

If the person is right for you, you can definitely be nice. Perhaps the girl who dumped her loving boyfriend was the one with the problem, not the boyfriend?

Perhaps she isn't a girl you would like to be with long term?

You really want to be with people who will be there for you in your time of need. If someone is going to decide they feel like being distant when your life falls part, why in gods name would you even speak to that person?
I agree that being distant and emotionally cold is a good way to kill off a long term relationship, but a little bit of that might very well keep up the spark with NYC chicks whos been up and down the block since the age of 13.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
I agree that being distant and emotionally cold is a good way to kill off a long term relationship, but a little bit of that might very well keep up the spark with NYC chicks whos been up and down the block since the age of 13.
Why do you want to keep up the spark which such a person? Again, if they're too strong out from sleeping with this one and that one, that's their problem.

There's something wrong with you if have to resort to childish games just to please them.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Why do you want to keep up the spark which such a person? Again, if they're too strong out from sleeping with this one and that one, that's their problem.

There's something wrong with you if have to resort to childish games just to please them.
Im not sure about Transplant women but your typical NYC women operate differsntly when if comes to courtship, what whitlock describes is very true. Everything will be alright when she introducez you to her kids.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,288 times
City people tend to be those who are single. Even a large like new york has families and singles. Many people move to the city for a single life. Likewise, suburbs tend to have a lot of married people and few single people. Plus its a buzy city, you think this is houston where everyone is friendly and everyone is stuck in the 50's where they would know their neighbours?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Not necessarily, what you call childish games seem to work on some type of girls in NYC as sad as it sounds.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Not necessarily, what you call childish games seem to work on some type of girls in NYC as sad as it sounds.
I agree, stuff like this creates drama, city women love it, it gives them a challange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City