Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,552,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingKid718 View Post
Williamsburg Houses in Brooklyn got a good jewish population.
Yeah, up until the 50s/60s. Williamsburg Houses is majority Hispanic and few blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 01:23 PM

25 posts, read 107,388 times
i live in Pomonok and i dont know why anyone would wanna move here..constant elavator problems and gunshots and the inside of some of the buildings smell horrible. Pomonok is Majority black but its in a good area, so its not isolated, which is a good thing, but Bland and Latimer Gardens, Marlboro Houses, Chelsea Elliot houses and Strauss as well as maybe Rangel and Vladeck and williamsburg are a handful of good choices. Marble Hill isnt that bad so maybe try for their? my uncle lives their and i visit him..it seems cleaner than the Pomonok Houses

Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM

All of the Staten Island projects are no where near any of the QUEENS projects or Bronx and Brooklyn, Berry is decent, so is south beach, but stapleton sucks and so does west brighton, todt hill isnt THAT bad, cassidy lafayette is also goin down hill, but their much better than places like Queensbridge, South Jamaica houses, Baisley Park Houses and Pomonok

Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Latimer Gardens is probably on of the best NYCHA in the city. Marlboro is decent, but their was a shooting their just a few days ago about a sniper shooting a man in a car, from the roof of one of the Project Buildings

Old 09-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Strauss is good, never heard anything bad about it

Old 10-17-2010, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,952 times
Default Pomonok is not ghetto

I grew up in Marcy Houses, & now live near Pomonok. Pomonok Houses is definitely not a dangerous area. Crime is few & far apart, & I have to say it's the nicest area I ever lived in. The very small percentage of cats starting problems are nothing more than fake gangsters trying to make a suburb feel like a slum.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:23 PM

my niqqa got killed there on friday october 15th 2010 on kissena blvd and 71st..in pomonok..Leseam Hogan..damn..

Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 PM

41 posts, read 99,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila24 View Post
Im a 24 yr old female.i have lived in nycha in staten island for 15 years..there are two housing complexes in staten island that are ok.they definetely arent as bad as the other ones out here.i am going through the process of getting an emergeny transfer.i want to go to brooklyn.so my question is which housing complexes in brooklyn are safer or calmer?i dont want to hear that none are safe.b/c i already know that! but i know if they have two housing complexes in staten island that are decent they must have at least one in brooklyn????? any replys will be helpful thank you..
Glenwood houses in BK looks nice from the outside but honey terrible place. I was accepted there and tried to force myself to move there but just could not. MY best friend really needed a place more than me so I allowed her to move in under my name ( BIG MISTAKE) but thats another story. Anyway if you can help it and havent made your choice already avoid Glenwood.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM

22 posts, read 91,396 times
my man wizard..it aint a suburb..their are gunshots goin off there pretty often at night..flushingkid aint really lying..its not that dangerous, but it aint that goood if u kno wut i mean..theirs some blood gang members and crips and what not..i think woodside/astoria is much more safe..pomonok be wildin out nowadays...but yo flushingkid, i know where your coming frum my dude..

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 PM

22 posts, read 91,396 times
pomonok has alot of shootings this year..i think its fairly dangerous..i would rather walk through the astoria houses or woodside..pomonok has some violence..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City