Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 22,828 times

Advertisements

ok i searched all over the internet.so far i have sheepshead bay/nostrand or gravesend.those were the only housing complexes in brooklyn that i read werent that bad.is this true???? are there anymore that maybe arent that bad?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 07:55 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila24 View Post
ok i searched all over the internet.so far i have sheepshead bay/nostrand or gravesend.those were the only housing complexes in brooklyn that i read werent that bad.is this true???? are there anymore that maybe arent that bad?????
gravesend can be bad, while not the worst in the system it isn't very pleasant

Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 AM

34,084 posts, read 47,278,015 times
gravesend is crap trust me
no housing project in coney island is good

Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 AM

650 posts, read 2,517,495 times
where is the one in gravesend? I know of marlboro houses, if that still counts as gravesend

Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM

34,084 posts, read 47,278,015 times
gravesend houses is actually in coney island
w 30th st and neptune ave

Old 10-22-2007, 01:20 PM

191 posts, read 900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila24 View Post
"Not that bad" is a relative term. Compared to the rest of the crap in the city, no, the nostrand houses arent that bad. but $hit is $hit even if you put a pretty red ribbon on it

Seriously tho. i live near the PJs over there, my fiancee is from there and her family still lives there. There are still a few white people that live there, and the pjs themselves are surrounded by pretty decent housing and building stock, which keeps most of the crap centralized inside the projects.

There are drugs. People get shot/raped/killed/mugged/etc etc etc but not to the degree that they do in the other projects. The elevators smell like pee all day. theres rats n roaches. The grounds are relatively clean and well kept. Theres a few new playgrounds and BBall courts.

Sheepshead bay highschool and Shellbank junior high are literally right across the street. they arent as bad as they should be considering the location.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM

17 posts, read 89,186 times
Alan B 718 pretty much hit the nail on the head.

My boyfriend lives in the projects on Ave X and Nostrand Ave. Its bad, but not as bad as it could be.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 15,860 times
I have an uncle living there. He's been there for more than 10 years and he said it's not bad once you get used to it. The area around it is pretty nice. Mostly middle class Italian, Russian, etc. The houses itself has a mixture but seem mostly African Americans. It does not feel as bad the Marlboro Houses but you know you are in the projects with young hang outs standing outside the apartments still have to be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City