Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM

912 posts, read 1,130,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
and in the seventies nyc was bailed out by the rest of the state. Things are cyclical, in the 70/80's upstate had manufacturing and was doing well, while nyc struggled. Now, nyc has turned itself into a tourist capital and is doing well. Who knows what will happen next, but to say that nyc is owed any more influence than the rest of the state is a very narrow view of history.
First of all, cyclical means reoccurring. The state bailed out the city once in over 200 years. That's not cyclical.

Secondly, while NYC had a terrible mismanagement problem, the state also had a big hand in the events that caused the city to need a bailout in 1975.

And third, I'm afraid it's you that has a very narrow view if you think the sole reason NYC is thriving now is because of tourism.

At the moment, NYC contributes more to state than any other other region in the state, and will continue to do so considering the lack of economic growth upstate. So to say NYC doesn't deserve influence in state matters is absurd.

Last edited by Astorian31; 02-12-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM

912 posts, read 1,130,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
You Liberals are unbelieveable. Just lay down while slowly your rights are eroding. Play with your iphones, everything will just get better on its own, right?

This generation is an embarrassment to American history.

Most of you know nothing of history, why the constitution was written, or that the Democrats and Republicans are corrupt disgraces to everything that our founding fathers fought for.
You do realize that most of our founding fathers either owned or supported the right to own slaves? Do you support that too?

I'm not saying we should chuck out the constitution and start over, I'm just saying times change, and the constitution needs to be modernized to keep up with society. Look at California, a rape case was thrown out because their state laws don't protect unmarried women. What worked in the 17th century doesn't necessarily work in the 21st century. We're supposed to be a country of innovation and greatness, not a country forever pursuing the ideals of men who lived over 200 years ago in a completely different world.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Oh come on. Name one Liberal who owns a firearm.

Im waiting..,
How about half my liberal friends in Oregon.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM

681 posts, read 1,670,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How about half my liberal friends in Oregon.
Gov. Cuomo owns a shotgun

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptnyc View Post
Many would have the same reaction to heroin, so let's go ahead and make that legal too. A few bad apples shouldn't spoil it for the rest of us right?

I'm sorry but no one needs to use assault rifles. You can overcompensate for your shortcomings with other things like hummers
I need my Colt M4...

Who are you to say otherwise?

Exactly... You are nobody.

Hardly overcompensation.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,902,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I need my Colt M4...

Who are you to say otherwise?

Exactly... You are nobody.

Hardly overcompensation.
Slow day in backwater, USA ?

As far as I know, in fly-over America you can have all the guns you want.

How about you go shoot some empty cans, or whatever you do for fun down there, and let New Yorkers discuss laws concerning their state?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Slow day in backwater, USA ?

As far as I know, in fly-over America you can have all the guns you want.

How about you go shoot some empty cans, or whatever you do for fun down there, and let New Yorkers discuss laws concerning their state?
DC is backwater USA???

Hahahahahahahahahah...

Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,061,054 times
You have the typical NYC myopia. So out of touch except for Lattes and Tofu burgers.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM

255 posts, read 475,373 times
I don't blame them. If I had a gun, I also would not give up my right to protect my home.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,509,881 times
Quote:
Oh come on. Name one Liberal who owns a firearm.

Im waiting..,
I'm liberal and I use a Remington 870 police model at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City