U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,984,838 times

Advertisements

Sounds good.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM

2,564 posts, read 5,177,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
It destroys brain cells
So does reality television

Quote:
and slows reaction time
You'd have a point if anyone was actually suggesting that it's okay to drive while high. However no one is, therefore you don't.

Quote:
plus it smells disgusting and I wouldn't want marijuana smell in my lungs.
Well unfortunately for you we don't make laws based on smell.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,395,656 times
Listen there is so much misinformation on marijuana on the part of our govt. Haven;t any of you noticed how our gov;t keeps on switching the reasons why it should be banned? They used to say brain cells die and don;t regenerate. Now there is proof, brain cells do regrow. They used tartar content and the medical issues associated with that to create a policy against it. Yet, they conveniently forget the use of vaporizers and food items that nullify the such effects. Now driving could be an issue but seeing how law enforcement works, they would rather determine a "dwi limit" to generate money. Folks its all about enforcing "laws" to make money. Stop being fooled. We they can;t make money on it, it stays being illegal. Simple.

For all those who are so concerned about our health and safety, why don;t you make a stink about tobacco and Alcohol?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
How do you know?

You smoke.

I do. People are forced to smoke much more marijuana than they need because of the threat of law enforcement. I'll give you an example. I light up a long cigar filled with marijuana. I only need a few pulls but due to law enforcement, I have to smoke and finish it to escape prosection. Make it legal, and ppl won;t smoke themselves silly.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM

2,895 posts, read 5,661,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I do. People are forced to smoke much more marijuana than they need because of the threat of law enforcement. I'll give you an example. I light up a long cigar filled with marijuana. I only need a few pulls but due to law enforcement, I have to smoke and finish it to escape prosection. Make it legal, and ppl won;t smoke themselves silly.
This is absurd.

Law enforcement will only go after you, if you're smoking on the streets in public view.
Same as with alcohol. Drink on the streets and you'll get in trouble.

And you don't need to be smoking blunts homie. Never heard of rolling papers or smoking pipes?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
This is absurd.

Law enforcement will only go after you, if you're smoking on the streets in public view.
Same as with alcohol. Drink on the streets and you'll get in trouble.

And you don't need to be smoking blunts homie. Never heard of rolling papers or smoking pipes?

Nah, law enforcemet can go anywhere they want expect your home. If they suspect anything going on in a private residence, they can try to get a warrant. Many kids don;t have the luxury of smoking in their house. Rolling papers and smoking pipes? Again, you don't need that much to get the desired effect. As for smoking pipes, that would be seized as drug paraphernalia. The resin in the pipe would be able to convict you.

I know drinking in public will get you arrested. So would sitting on a milk crate in public. Too many laws, and no common sense, seems to be the problem of the day. At least ppl can go to a bar to drink.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM

2,895 posts, read 5,661,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Nah, law enforcemet can go anywhere they want expect your home. If they suspect anything going on in a private residence, they can try to get a warrant. Many kids don;t have the luxury of smoking in their house. Rolling papers and smoking pipes? Again, you don't need that much to get the desired effect. As for smoking pipes, that would be seized as drug paraphernalia. The resin in the pipe would be able to convict you.

I know drinking in public will get you arrested. So would sitting on a milk crate in public. Too many laws, and no common sense, seems to be the problem of the day. At least ppl can go to a bar to drink.
The safest place for you to smoke is inside your home.

And If kids don't have the luxury of smoking in their home, then they shouldn't be smoking to begin with. We're a long way to having Amsterdam-styled coffee shops here in NY.
Public weed smoking is as bad as public alcohol drinking. Besides seeing potheads puffing away on the streets, parks or any other public venue turns public opinion against legalization.

so don't make lame excuses about being "forced to smoke blunts completely in order to avoid prosecution" it's not a coherent or a helpful argument in favor of legalization.

Last edited by likeminas; 03-05-2013 at 11:43 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
The safest place for you to smoke is inside your home.

And If kids don't have the luxury of smoking in their home, then they shouldn't be smoking to begin with. We're a long way to having Amsterdam-styled coffee shops here in NY.
Public weed smoking is as bad as public alcohol drinking. Besides seeing potheads puffing away on the streets, parks or any other public venue turns public opinion against legalization.

so don't make lame excuses about being "forced to smoke blunts completely in order to avoid prosecution" it's not a coherent or a helpful argument in favor of legalization.

Why do you think it's just as bad as alcoholics in public? You can be a young adult (18) living at home with the parents. Kids shouldn't be doing a lot of things including drinking alcohol and smoking cigs but they do. It's not as open and shut as you may think it is.
There is nothing lame about it. When you can legally drink alcohol but are genetically prediposed to the harmful effects of alcohol then there should be more debate on the subject. I know a person who got arrested twice for possession of 1/2 a joint that's why I pointed out smoking it all to avoid arrest. He gave up weed and eventually received a DWI a few yrs later. The guy does not drink regularly. He felt in order to stay within the law and still have a good time, it would be best to drink than smoke weed from a legal perspective (He comes a from a family of alcoholics). You talk about smoking weed in your house, but you still have to go out and purchase it. That trip itself could end up being a major headache.

Our past 3 presidents have openly admitted to smoking weed while 1 has done coke and has a DWI (Bush). Different times, different states, different rules. In NYC, possession of pot was the top criminal arrest for the past few yrs as a result of stop and frisk. In the end, you just end up ruining a lot of ppl's lives with a criminal record. At least, in other states DWI's and marijuana can be expunged not in NY. Not as liberal or "blue" as some may believe.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM

16,363 posts, read 7,322,877 times
I'm for easing the pot laws. But keep the smoking inside your home. I like to drink too. But I don't like seeing people drinking in public.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM

23,784 posts, read 26,880,634 times
Quote:
Nice to see NY Daily News editorial March 2, 2013 agreeing with my views on keeping marijuana illegal because of the danger of hopped up drivers.

The Daily News editorial staff are trolls?
Quote:
I see reading comprehension isn't your forte...Please quit being so idiotic....
ha ha ha, that's funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City