Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Know I agree 1000%, "YOU REALLY TOLD IT LIKE IT IS "..HA!..😂..HA!..😂..HA!..😂.. And I will tune in for More News.
At Elven, I just can't stop laughing, HA! HA! HA!.
I think that poster died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 12:09 AM

898 posts, read 1,218,616 times
poor people and undesirables are part of the human landscape. become a 1%er or rich enough to leave this filth behind and move into better enclaves so you don't have to see these types of folk.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:41 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,253,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I think that poster died.
What ever, it was still funny,.😂.. I new that posted was out dated. Just because a thread is old doesn't mean.
It's dead this thread is brought back to life.This is proof that life is nothing but a circle life goes round and round.
Just like what goes around comes around. Nothing is New, I notice some of the out dated threads are more
Interesting than the new ones. Old threads can be brought back to life. Because, the facts are still happening..😉.
This is why you responded. Because it's alive now." 7-12-15 " Just like the News old News is new News...🔰..

Old 07-13-2015, 08:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:

does anyone else agree that demolishing all housing projects would be
better for the city as a whole?
Preposterous idea. The housing projects are FAR better built than the junk developers are putting up today and calling "luxury." The only thing luxurious is the outrageous rent.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Preposterous idea. The housing projects are FAR better built than the junk developers are putting up today and calling "luxury." The only thing luxurious is the outrageous rent.
This is true, the foundation of old buildings are stronger..🏢..the same applies with old homes..🏠..🏡.
I would rather remodel a old home then to buy a new home.Classic cars are build from steel
These new cars are nothing but fiberglass. A crash can kill a person, and the entire car is junked.
Things are not builded like they use to be, just about everything now is very expensive..💲..and.
The quality is cheap...😦.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:15 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
^ That's a shame too.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 PM

^ That's a shame too...😕.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:09 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The city cannot just sell these properties. That's why they haven't already done so. They would have to get approval from the FEDERAL government first and they then would have to work to relocate the inhabitants. They would not be able to sell these properties until everyone in them has been relocated or bought out, a process that would take a long time. Of course there would be a lot of lawsuits around this as well.

I do feel if they were to do what you suggest the most valuable projects to sell would be the Chelsea and Lower East Side projects. Excellent locations.

But the problem is the new areas where these people would be settled would be turned into new ghettos. So what county in the region is so eager to take in all these NYCHA people? It's probably not really worth it to the city for the most part to engage in the massive expensive.

Besides, new low income housing is being built in the city. LAMP buildings, plus the new low income housing is being built by developers on NYCHA land.

One such building in East Harlem is being rented out to people making 18k-58k and they are giving priority to NYCHA residents.

De Blasio has sold a 50% stake in 6 NYCHA projects to a developer, who is spending 80k per apartment to renovate these buildings. But HUD is subsidizing these units, so they will remain low income for at least 30 years.
Just think how much money the land underneath all the ocean view projects of Coney Island is worth.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM

119 posts, read 110,830 times
I've read that NYCHA will always retain control of these buildings, despite developers investing millions. What I don't understand is why these developers would make huge investments if the units will continue to be rented at well below market rates?

De Blasio has sold a 50% stake in 6 NYCHA projects to a developer, who is spending 80k per apartment to renovate these buildings. But HUD is subsidizing these units, so they will remain low income for at least 30 years.[/quote]

Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
I agree with the poster who says it's probably better not to demolish the projects, since the likely result would be the destabilization of existing working class areas. If for anything, there should be more set asides within the public housing system for homeless transitional housing to get people off the street. NYCHA should be reserved as a saftey net for those who truly have no where else to go (Mentally ill for example), not a permanent entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City