Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times

Advertisements

Victory Blvd. seems to be Staten Island's "main street". Looks like a fairly active commercial street. What are some other commercial streets in Staten Island. Streets with some stores, restaurants, delis, watering holes, et.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM

340 posts, read 1,185,338 times
Hylan blvd

Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,291,752 times
The three big streets in SI are (IMO) Hylan Boulevard, Victory Boulevard and Richmond Avenue.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM

61 posts, read 207,722 times
Bay st , Richmond terrace

Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy520 View Post
Bay st , Richmond terrace
For the most part, Richmond Terrace isn't commercial. It's a mix of industrial, with some residential.

In any case, the first street I thought of was Forest Avenue. I'd also add Castleton Avenue, Port Richmond Avenue, and maybe parts of Targee Street/Richmond Road. (And then there's the whole area around Tappan Park in Stapleton that's pretty commercial).

There's also New Dorp Lane, and then some of the train stations have a few delis & stores right around them (for instance, Great Kills). There's a commercial strip on Amboy Road in Tottenville (and some strip malls along the part in Eltingville). That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:11 PM

10 posts, read 24,684 times
Victory Blvd, Forest Avenue, Hylan Blvd and Richmond Terrace

Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM

16 posts, read 32,015 times
The four main commercial streets are Hyland Blvd, Richmond Ave, Forest Ave, and Victory Blvd. Adding to what Checkmatechamp13 said, there are some stores/restaurants/delis/cafes/etc. on Richmond Road in Dongan Hills, Page Ave in Tottenville and Arthur Kill Road in Tottenville. Both Page Ave and Arthur Kill are near Veterans Road W, which has the new Target shopping strip.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
I scoped out with the street view all the streets mentioned above. The most interesting street for me would be Bay St. Lots of nice older buildings that look well maintained. The stores are situated along the street rather than set back behind parking areas. Has a nice pedestrian-friendly look. The residential areas along there look nice too.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,040,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I scoped out with the street view all the streets mentioned above. The most interesting street for me would be Bay St. Lots of nice older buildings that look well maintained. The stores are situated along the street rather than set back behind parking areas. Has a nice pedestrian-friendly look. The residential areas along there look nice too.
Yes, Bay Street is one of the more urban streets in Staten Island. New Dorp Lane also has a somewhat urban feel. The other major streets mentioned, such as Hylan Blvd, Richmond Ave, Victory Blvd, and Forest Ave are more suburban in character.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:24 PM

46 posts, read 135,723 times
The major commercial streets are Bay st, Richmond Ter, Victory blvd, Forest ave, Hylan blvd, Richmond ave, Castleton ave, Richmond rd/Targee st.. Amboy rd .These are some quick ones from the top of my head and there are many others in between, smaller streets. Some of the streets that were mentioned above are mixed use of commercial and some parts are residential. It changes throughout driving from one end to another end. All the streets are mostly urban for the most part depending what section you are in.

Last edited by Bennyboo718; 05-22-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: