Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times

Advertisements

That development is commencing in January, as they have some COO/permit issues they are working through. The Opera House Hotel across the street from this development will be opening in April Opera House Hotel - Coming Soon . Nothing on the website yet but here is an article about it: Bronx Opera House Hotel | Jay Domb | Bronx Boutique Hotels

Bluedog...I suspect the Southern Bronx would get alot of those amenities long before Pelham Parkway...mostly because they are zoned for them, have the available space, AND proximity to Manhattan. Maybe then you will reconsider a move to Mott Haven neighbor!

A Trader Joe's would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Two Starbucks surrounding a Duane Reade with a Chase branch on the corner. Make that 4 Starbucks!

Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 AM

439 posts, read 896,261 times
A Wal-Mart.
MWA HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

No, that's terrible.
People still go shopping at 3rd ave??? That place is a dump! I thought that was what Fordham was for.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:47 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
I haven't "shopped" on 3rd ave in YEARS usually cus I don't go around that area unless I need to. BUT, I have to say I recently I drove by and it looks SO different from my HS days I was shocked! New buildings, new stores, I guess it's really picking up around there.. as far as Fordham which i live closest to.. I actually have the opposite feeling.. I think its watered down.. a lot of stores closing and then they open up these audio/jewelry shop combos... I still don't know why another Modells opened up when there is a bigger one closer to jerome. I do like the idea there are all your local banks (Chase, BOA, citi, TD banco Popular) so it makes is accessible. now i noticed they are opening a TJ max right by the applebees by fordham plaza... I don't know i'm just not so impressed.. -_-

Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
. . . SO different from my HS days I was shocked! New buildings, new stores, I guess it's really picking up around there.. as far as Fordham which i live closest to.. I actually have the opposite feeling.. I think its watered down.. a lot of stores closing and then they open up these audio/jewelry shop combos... -_-
I don't want to hijack or sidetrack the topic, but would you happen to know which stores on Fordham have been there the longest? I saw a great video on You Tube this woman made walking up Fordham from Webster to the Concourse and I didn't recognize a thing. Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 PM

emm i can name a few .. modells , dr jays, easy pickins both sites, the optical store on jerome, then kfc also on jerome, also theres a clothing store on the corner of jerome i always forget the name of it tho.. thats been there for a long time.. a few small shops the mc'ds, giovanis pizza up on fordham close to university, the pizza shop on the corner of gcc and fordham, payless, pretty girl, and a few small indepent stores have managed to stay there also. I mean sears is still there even tho its not like it was before.

Does anyone remember the Wiz, alexanders and woolworth? ahhh how time flies!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
emm i can name a few .. modells , dr jays, easy pickins both sites, the optical store on jerome, then kfc also on jerome, also theres a clothing store on the corner of jerome i always forget the name of it tho.. thats been there for a long time.. a few small shops the mc'ds, giovanis pizza up on fordham close to university, the pizza shop on the corner of gcc and fordham, payless, pretty girl, and a few small indepent stores have managed to stay there also. I mean sears is still there even tho its not like it was before.

Yeah I remember the wiz by Fordham road near Jerome Avenue.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
Quote:

The Wiz, Woolworth, and Crazy Eddie's; man I feel old now, LOL.. The VIM store has been around for a long time as well..

Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 PM

OH YEs how can I forget VIM! LOL I forget of that sore "el mundo" on one of the side streets is still there.. I remember there was a fun zone or something like that on top of dr jays back in the day as well.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
I remember the wiz. Anyone remember caldor on Fordham Rd and grand concourse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City