Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 12,149 times

Advertisements

Just told you your looking at the town.. Look at the people who live in the town . Just because thay are not doing crime in there town . Don't mean there not doing crime in other towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 10:06 PM

Your trying to tell me ,there are not more black and Spanish with criminal records than any other race?? As a percentage to there population thay do more way more crime? Thay do t have to do it I. There town . But thay are doing it.. Fact!! Look at the prisons it's filled with black and Spanish !! That's not true??

Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 PM

But now a days if you point this out your a racist . I just want to know why?? I like math . I look at every thing I don't understand in terms math . That's why I used the formula To show what I found. There must be a reason?? No ???

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT2516 View Post
Just told you your looking at the town.. Look at the people who live in the town . Just because thay are not doing crime in there town . Don't mean there not doing crime in other towns.
Ok, "math guy"...

Do you have any data that shows that the well-off black people from middle/high income black areas are committing crimes in other areas at disproportionately higher percentages? Articles presenting one story doesn't count, i'm speaking of actual statistics.

That whole logic about people whom are already living in well-off communities breaking their necks to commit crimes at a high frequency in far away towns is just flawed. First of all, there is no motive.... Eventually, the crime/drama would come back to them and their community/home anyways; and that would be reflected in the local crime rate.

- If somebody was to join a gang, likely somebody would eventually retaliate and assault or murder them [likely at their place of residence].
- If a youth in the was to host a wild house party then eventually that would increase the probability of a serious crime occurring in the area and be reflected in the local crime rate.

I could understand if somebody was from a poor area and committed crimes in a rich area; but NOT the aforementioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT2516 View Post
Your trying to tell me ,there are not more black and Spanish with criminal records than any other race?? As a percentage to there population thay do more way more crime? Thay do t have to do it I. There town . But thay are doing it.. Fact!! Look at the prisons it's filled with black and Spanish !! That's not true??
Nobody is debating that blacks/hispanics are incarcerated at higher rates than other ethnic groups! That's a well-known fact.

There is just no proof that a sizable percentage of these youth come from middle/high class backgrounds.

If race was the main indicator of crime levels in an area then the middle/high class black communities that I posted on the previous page would not have low crime rates. They would all be overran with crime like Brownsville or East Orange.
AND ALSO, not to knock the Northeast Bronx or anything; but most of the income levels of the NE Bronx are more in line with being working class (lower middle class at best). Yes, I understand that income levels there are generally a bit higher than the NYC averages but I really question if they could be considered 'solidly middle class areas'.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 09-26-2013 at 10:29 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 06:16 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
Springdale, MD: Crime is 76% lower than MD state avg (90% black)
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
//www.city-data.com/city/Springdale-Maryland.html

Hillcrest, NY: Crime is 44% lower than NY state avg (59% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Hillcrest-New-York.html

Ladera Heights, CA: Crime is 67% lower than CA state average (79% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Ladera...alifornia.html

Woodmore, MD: Crime is 67% lower than MD state avg (82% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Woodmore-Maryland.html

South Floral Park, NY: Crime is 75% lower than NY state avg (55% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/South-...-New-York.html

Brandywine, MD: Crime is 78% lower than MD state avg (70% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Brandywine-Maryland.html

View Park-Windsor Hills, CA: Crime is 40% lower than CA state avg (83% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/View-P...alifornia.html

Rosaryville, MD: Crime is 44% lower than MD state avg (81% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Rosaryville-Maryland.html

Olympia Fields, IL: Crime is 77% lower than IL state average (69% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Olympi...-Illinois.html

Mitchellville, MD: Crime is 57% lower than MD state avg (85% black)
//www.city-data.com/city/Mitche...-Maryland.html

I can go on and on and on..

Your welcome

Gosh, some of you guys really lost touch with reality. Gotta lay off the stormfront rhetoric for a bit and crawl up from under them basements at least every once in a while, lol
Considering this is the NYC forum, you have examples of relevant neighborhoods?

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Considering this is the NYC forum, you have examples of relevant neighborhoods?
That site doesn't publish data for neighborhoods. Plus, data based on NYC neighborhood would be hard to find since in NYC it's divided along the lines of precincts.

However, both of the NY examples given above are apart of the NYC metropolitan area.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 09-27-2013 at 06:40 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
That site doesn't publish data for neighborhoods. Plus, data based on NYC neighborhood would be hard to find since in NYC it's divided along the lines of precincts.

However, both of the NY examples are apart of the NYC metropolitan area.
Would have to collate community board and precinct data together. Nevertheless, when it comes to NYC, the emphasis is always welfare this and welfare that. Rarely on how to retain those that move up to provide a better life for their family. The answer seems to always be to just move out of the city, which is crap if you ask me.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Would have to collate community board and precinct data together. Nevertheless, when it comes to NYC, the emphasis is always welfare this and welfare that. Rarely on how to retain those that move up to provide a better life for their family. The answer seems to always be to just move out of the city, which is crap if you ask me.

I agree with you for the most part.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:23 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Welfare and help should be limited to four years total.e.
Guess you didnt get the news that there is a LIFETIME limitation of 5 years for welfare, ane e3ven this comes with a demand to attempt to find ork, or be involved in mandatory work programs.

Foodstamps and Section 8 is different as many beneficiaries are WORKING people. Either you raise the pay for less skilled workers, or help them cover their living expenses.

Note that the bulk of the jobs being created in NYC are in low paid occupations in health care, retail and in the entertainment/hospitality sectors. Clearly these workers are needed, or they wouldnt be hired. Note that some working in these jobs have two year (some even four year) college degrees.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

One factor, if unemployment among Black males with degree is hiring than non Black males, is the CLOSED MINDEDNESS of certain Blacks in URBAN areas.

?

How closed minded are those who work retail or security guard jobs at $8 an hour because they must find work? Of course their peers who didnt bother with college, note that and then conclude that education is a waste...the last thing that you would want to see.

I was shocked some time ago to pass one of those job fairs to see that a very large % of the crowd were clearly middle class blacks, well dressed in professional attire. There must be some unique problem. I do not see how not talking about it solves the problem, what ever it is.

And yes while these problems affect every one it affects blacks worse. Hence the higher foreclosure rates when to MIDDLE class blacks lose their jobs, and are forced into low paying occupations just to pay the bills. Please note the high numbers of foreclosures in solidly middle class black neighborhoods. Clearly there is something going on more there than elsewhere.

You know what even Condi Rice admits that there is a problem and, now that she is no longer in the Bush administration, feels free to talk about it. Surprisingly she admits that her appointment at Stanford (the first time) was due to some diversity/affirmative action decisions by people who wanted to lok outside of the box in determining who they should hire. Clearly she performed well, or she would not have been allowed back there, after her tenure with Bush II.

And of course life is complicated. One must make the best lemonade with the lemons that one has. However when others pretend as if all of us have the same lemons so that something is wrong with some one whose glass of lemonade is smaller then its totally nonsensical to remain silent and allow them to peddle their foolishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City