Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:48 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,332,729 times

Advertisements

Well I can understand why you'd want to knock S.I. as so many people in this area do, however I notice you're living in South Florida. Why did you decide to leave the NYC area? Do you have family down there? Were you offered a good job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaGrind View Post
thats truth right there. Staten island is a waste of space, its really detached from NYC and Jersey wouldnt even take it if they could lol Im from NY, and the only time i was in staten island was to get to NJ and come back home from NJ. Traffic through there goin to the verrazanno is some of the worst i have experienced in my life. Only good thing in staten island: Pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 PM

938 posts, read 4,081,935 times
Quote:
Three years ago, Journal Square was a neighborhood full of South Asians and Pakistanis. Small restaurants, phone card sales, and movie rental boutiques filled with Bollywood's latest sensations were as prevalent as inexpensive rentals. Recently, however, the cool crowd priced out of downtown Jersey City and Hoboken have come in droves, pushing the living envelope as far as Harrison and parts of Newark. This bodes well for small town Jersey looking for an economic shove. You can still score a one-bedroom for as low as $875. (Call 646-696-0244 to see it.) Expect to pay around $2,000 for a completely renovated three-bedroom. The coffee shops and local bars need a little work, but most local drinking holes have a jukebox and some crusty old regulars. It's a 20 minute train ride to Manhattan.
5 neighborhoods for hipsters priced out of Williamsburg

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,825,460 times
Depends on what hapens in Manhattan! Jersey will never truly be highly desirable for most simply because its not NYC and doesn't feel like NYC which I think is what most of us love. However if Manhattan continues on its current trend then Jersey City/Hoboken will continue to thrive! If NYC goes down hill its back to the drawing board for Jersey! History tends to repeat itself!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,939,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
The Sixth Borough!

Nah, Jersey City is all Jersey. You laughed at JC when it was down & you can't take credit when it does well.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Depends on what hapens in Manhattan! Jersey will never truly be highly desirable for most simply because its not NYC and doesn't feel like NYC which I think is what most of us love. However if Manhattan continues on its current trend then Jersey City/Hoboken will continue to thrive! If NYC goes down hill its back to the drawing board for Jersey! History tends to repeat itself!

Hoboken has been established for quite some time. You might not like it, but many others seem too. Hoboken is not going anywhere.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,825,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Hoboken has been established for quite some time. You might not like it, but many others seem too. Hoboken is not going anywhere.

Hoboken and JC are fine alternatives but they are not and never will be NYC! They just have a different feel! Nothing wrong with either!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Hoboken and JC are fine alternatives but they are not and never will be NYC!

Being that JC & Hoboken only have a couple hundred thousand people between them, I'd say your assessment is genius & right on the money!!!! Good job...........

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM

730 posts, read 2,880,383 times
You can't compare the population of JC or Hoboken to ALL OF NYC! We are comparing it to a borough.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,481,631 times
Here's another question: why is any part of New Jersey being discussed and/or debated in the New York City forum? Haven't they got a forum of their own for the other side of the Hudson...or are they going to try and take this one away from us, too?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,068,098 times
ya lets count it down. Big Corparations, tried to take the yankees, took the statue of liberty and ellis island. Now what, they gonna try to take this forum too. I cant stand jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City